Exp. with CSI, Inc/www.bmwclassicparts.com?

mag232

Reaction score
The site shows several coupes for sale, but they never return phone calls. They share an address with 2002AD.com, which has an interesting rep online. Has anyone here bought a car from them? TIA

execmalibu

Reaction score
My indirect experiences with this guy...

I bought my 2800CS from a guy who was totally disgusted with CSi...

The 2800CS was a beautiful car but the car ran like absolute SH!T!

The seller said ( and I quote) that he had an agreement with them to buy used Webers including installation on his E9 for $500 all inclusive. After they had his car for a ridiculously long time, like I recall he said maybe 3-6 months the guy said to them either finish my car in two weeks or refund my money... After two weeks he went to pickup the car and it ran like total SH!T and then they handed him a bill for over $980 which was almost twice the agreed upon price... He said they now were saying that $500 was just for the carbs...

He limped the car home and because he was SOOO disgusted he just parked it for over two years... He said to me that the guys at CSi were "supposed to be the BEST" with E9s... He said that if these guys are the "BEST" then PHUCK BMWs and he sold his car...

I checked and the spark plugs looked like they were brand new (Super Lean)... The Seller had given me a box with another set of used Webers and his old Zeniths... I changed the main jets using the set from the Webers in the box which were 3 sizes larger and the car runs great! :p

OK so a few months later so I see a Black E9 advertised on CSi Website... Ben tells me that the cars owner is a very strange woman and if I want to see the car I have to "PAY in FULL in ADVANCE".... I always pay full price for a car before I see it... Doesn't everyone? That black E9 is still on his website 2 years later.

About a year later my buddy takes me with him to buy a 2000CS... The car has NO windshield Wiper motor... The seller tells us that he paid $250 for a replacement but for the past 3 years "Ben has been stroking him"... A month later we run into Ben at the Woodley Park Meet and Ben says... "I already gave him a good Wiper Motor... I owe him nothing"... My buddy finds a Wiper Motor that day for $20

You will also find cars advertised on his website that he has taken the entire text/photos from other listings (Craigslist, Ebay) and in some cases had absolutely no contact with the owner... The 2000CS owner told us he had no idea that CSi was marketing his car at $3,000 more then he was asking...

Last edited:

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
2002AD used to be great when they were located in Sun Valley and Leif was working there, after he left the place turned into trash. All they cared about was selling used parts for the most amount of money they can. My last dealing with them as 2002AD was when they tried to sell me a used clutch cylinder bolt for $20 when at the time the whole assembly was about $40. Its the same guys that moved their operation and added the CSI portion supposedly being experts in E9 coupes. 5 years ago they quoted me $450 for a used E9 windshield, I called LaJolla independent and he quoted me $250 and when I drove downfrom LA he only took $200 for it.