Euro 1970 BMW 2800 4-Speed on BAT Granada Red

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see Chris has already commented on BAT :)

This would make a very nice companion to a particular, Granda 2000CS that I know about... :D

1568220587459.png

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i really like that 2800 ... really nice looking car. not having the side trim makes it seem a bit more sporty ... right along with the granada red. hopefully this will reach a nice sales price

AbnMike

Reaction score
It’s a fun quality car but no heat or a/c and unassisted steering will make for a tough sell I think.

I’d also ask for cylinder comps, blew a lil smoke on hard decel when I had it in 2013.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used to prefer the side trim until it became NLA, now I have love it without! Headlight grilles were silver originally as was kidney. Built mid 1970 from the VIN.

AbnMike

Reaction score
I added some comments on the auction I'd like the owner to address. I don't want to harp on anyone's auction but there are some concerns I'm aware of that they aren't addressing in the ad copy that any new owner should be aware of (especially if I'm going to bid again to get it back)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I added some comments on the auction I'd like the owner to address. I don't want to harp on anyone's auction but there are some concerns I'm aware of that they aren't addressing in the ad copy that any new owner should be aware of (especially if I'm going to bid again to get it back)

You and the previous owners are both interested parties with knowledge of the car. Fair game IMO!

AbnMike

Reaction score
Is Jeff Chang a member here? Apparently he did the work to correct the 2800 after the unfortunate accident but prior to acquisition by the current seller...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a really interesting auction with all the "active" history involved. After looking at all the photos it makes me feel better about my car too. :) One comment made about the manual steering and tire size made me realize putting Style 5's on my car may not work. I won't be changing the steering for them either.

AbnMike

Reaction score
It will be interesting where it ends up. I know what Gordon was asking and what I paid. I know what Andy bought it for. Unknown is what was done to it to fix it after the wreck, though the heater was fixed and that's a costly, time-consuming affair. I know where it sits right now in the auction is where I'd value it...maybe a bit more but probably not much.

AbnMike

Reaction score
It's at $5500. Seems like it would be worth at least $8-9k.
Maybe. Without knowing the extent of the work involved after the wreck it's hard for me to put in much more than it's bidding for right now, especially since the wreck as Andy described it would at least need painting of the hood and both front fenders. At that point I'd have at least sprayed the doors too and taken care of that rust in both door skins, but that wasn't done...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its a decent looking toolbox + tools, that alone is worth 10% of the current bid. have to wonder if those boxed beru plugs are pink ...

AbnMike

Reaction score
I was bidding but I'm out. It's now more than I sold it for, without the BBS wheels or the 5 speed transmission or the wood wheel and shifter + the addition of a wreck.

AbnMike

Reaction score
Reserve not met at $16,500?

BAT and the seller are smoking crack. I paid $11,500 for it in 2013 and didn't have shipping or other costs to consider. Gordon was asking $13,500. It was in -much- better shape then and had better bits and pieces. The paint was in better shape, there weren't rust bubbles, the interior was in better shape, etc, etc.

Failure all around.