Enzo, Vincenzo Florio, Count Corrupto and others...

Philippe db

Reaction score
Those were the day's!!

Loved the guy who didn't found it necessary to take his pipe out of his mouth while racing. Probably less damaging for his health then the exhaust fumes and the dust.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Really enjoyed watching this. THANKS. I had the opportunity to drive the Targa Florio circuit about 12 years ago. It is fully paved now, but 40 miles long, About 4 miles of straight/level along the Med, and 36 miles of curves, corners, hills, and little towns, - essentially no guard rails. I enjoyed the drive and the scenery so much I drove it twice, then turned around and drove it backward once. Drove fairly assertively, but not anywhere near racing speeds.

I know Jackie Stewart called the Nurburgring circuit 'Green Hell' because of the great number of turns and elevation change in the ~12 miles, but having driven the Targa Florio and been a passenger in a race car (qualifying practice) for a couple of laps at 'the Ring', I feel the Targa is the more demanding circuit.

Thanks again bluecoupe301

Gary

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was watching in Air Canada a documentary about the 1955-58 Ferrari drivers, very colorful, and they all ended up dead in crashes, one of them slightly after retiring.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was watching in Air Canada a documentary about the 1955-58 Ferrari drivers, very colorful, and they all ended up dead in crashes, one of them slightly after retiring.
I just saw the same on virgin Atlantic. Really interesting... but also really depressing.