Engine bay wiring

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm doing an engine swap and also swapping from Auto to manual. Is there an online source that I can identify every wire and relay in the engine bay? I want to redo most of it and get rid of what I can but I have no idea what is what.

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
I find realoem.com is a great technical source for part discriptions and info, also just the old reliable Haynes manual has great descriptions and schematics. That's my go to when doing electrical work on my 72 Bav.

Last edited:

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I find realoem.com is a great technical source for part discriptions and info, also just the old reliable Haynes manual has great descriptions and schematics. That's my go to when doing electrical work on my 72 Bav.
ive been using both, but neither are very good at answering what i'm looking for.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
whats this?
1567893567740.png

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
i appreciate that. it's a wonky relay that is mounted to the brake booster plate. I wish I had better diagrams of all the wire colors.
I labelled where everything came from when i took the motor out but my labels got destroyed

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Except Prosperos doesn’t even include the choke relay and I think reading their wire colors can be challenging. Photo is the choke relay which mounts on booster.