Electric problems

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Truth is that I was able to accomplish my rebuild with nothing more than the information gained on this forum, which means that every time I have a problem you all get bombarded with questions- sorry. I do try to use the search but I can't always find what I need so here goes;

For starters, the switch came apart on my rear window at the arm rest. I got a schematic but the colors don't seem to match at all- can someone share with me the proper position of the various wires in the first picture, also, if the switch were not connected properly or disconnected completely would it stop the window from functioning using the console switch?

I seem to have gotten the right front window to operate and the left rear window to operate through the console switches by hooking 12V to one of the wires in picture #2 but the other two seem dead (although they both work if I hook 12V. to them by-passing the switch).

In Pic#2 there are 4 wires that go to the "breaker" above the driver's knee. These are to provide juice to the windows and they (one set) should have 12V when the ignition is on? Neither the single wires nor the "jumped" wires have voltage going to them; where do they originate so I can check for power and should they have power only when the ignition is on?

Once i get these things fixed I will feel more comfortable driving her more than a mile-at-a-time.

Last silly question, in the rear light housing which bulbs are single vs double filament?

Attachments

• electric2.jpg
    electric2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 119
  • electric4.jpg
    electric4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 130

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since you have circuit breakers the rear switch wires should be in a female plug, not loose. As I recall, disconnecting a rear switch breaks the circuit to the front as well. You need the Blue Book wiring diagram that includes the circuit breakers, all others are different.

On my passenger side rear switch, wires from top to bottom are

Blue/white
Green/white
Black/brown
Blue
Black/white dashes

I think! HTH.

Chris