Electric motors for window regulators (AGAIN)

pmansson

Reaction score
Here´s the next issue:
early style motors with early style regulators: I levelled off the collar on the gearbox that is attached by the recessed Philips screw. The gearbox is now level/parallell with the regulator.

When I mount the motor with the clutch and emergency cogwheel against the gearbox, the cogwheel is too close to the regulator... so I grinded? off the edges of the cogwheel to avoid the brake effect of the cogwheel against the regulator.

Something is wrong here!!!!!

The car has the small lids on the door panels, to gain easy access to the cogwheel in case of emergency.

Another car, with the later style regulators and motors, has door panels without the holes/lids. So presumably BMW figured that the later style motors and regulators did not need the emergency cogwheel option.....?!?

Am I the only one sweating it out with the doors´ interior???

Getting the window to like the new U-shaped felt liners in the vent window frame is still a bugger. I have had them all the way up for 2-3 weeks, used silicon in the felt and now feel that I should remove the 3 metal clips...... The window rises normally for the first half way. Then it starts to wobble and to get it up the last 20%, I need to assist it with my arm, pushing it up....

Not giving up !!!