Electric BAT clone

scottbmw

Reaction score
Love it, these Welsh gents do a great job. I want to do this to my Bavaria. Reached out to the EV West folks and it’s at least $50 K and a 5+ year wait. Anyone know anyone locally (Bay Area) doing these conversations?

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
So that CSL clone in the shop in the Welsh TV show 'Vintage Voltage' was completed. It only aired on SkyTV in the UK, but it will probably come to the US on Motor Trend TV in the next year. It is Season 2, Episode 8. They did a really nice restoration job on what was a sunroof CSi, but in watching the video of the completed car, it just doesn't seem right with no good noise coming out of it! Pass (until they make us all convert our gas to electric....).

Attachments

• Vintage Voltage  Season 2 Episode 8  Sky.com.png
    Vintage Voltage Season 2 Episode 8 Sky.com.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The interior wood looks very nice. I wonder why the LHD cars didn't get the wooden grab bar dash? The 2000CS cars have it in LHD.
Also, note how the driver closed the door using the window at the end of the video. Please don't do that to your own car!!!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The interior wood looks very nice. I wonder why the LHD cars didn't get the wooden grab bar dash? The 2000CS cars have it in LHD.
Also, note how the driver closed the door using the window at the end of the video. Please don't do that to your own car!!!
I suspect the DOT had something to do with it

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful part of the world for a drive.
Was there a couple months ago within a couple miles of the "Devil's Bridge" noted in the video. Had never heard of it before watching this.
-The more you know...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
awesome setup.

Didn't say how MUCH heavier it is. THinking at least another 1000lbs.

I would think the chassis would need to be way more reinforced. Wish we can see the underside.

Hope it doesn't catch on fire like one of the first EV E9s had happen.