ECU Unit

Tierfreund

Reaction score
They also pop up one ebay every now and then. I sold one on ebay last year for about 100€. They´re quite robust, so buying used is usually not a problem.

RogerB

Reaction score
Gerard Giudice said:
Does anyone know where I can get an ECU unit for my 1973 csi bosch # 0 280 001 007

any help would be appreciated

Gerard Giudice
Sonoma County California
707-665-9472
707-332-1162 cell

I believe Volvos of the same era used the same
ECU. I remember pulling a few from junk yards,
but don't recall the year/model.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
RogerB said:
Gerard Giudice said:
Does anyone know where I can get an ECU unit for my 1973 csi bosch # 0 280 001 007

any help would be appreciated

Gerard Giudice
Sonoma County California
707-665-9472
707-332-1162 cell

I believe Volvos of the same era used the same
ECU. I remember pulling a few from junk yards,
but don't recall the year/model.

Yes they did as did VW for some rare cars (Type III I think) and Mercedes did in some V8 configurations.
But you can´t really use those. While the main switchboard is the same, there is a secondary board in the ECU that has the specific "settings" (in this case a certain set of resistors and such) that adjust the ijection to the application (the engine type).

The engine will run with one of these ECUs, but it´ll run pretty poorly with may parameters simply not fitting the M30.

You´ll need an ECU from a E9 CSI or an E3 SI (pre 76,as it then switched to L-Jet)

Actually to have the engine run really optimally, you also need to match the ECU to the PSU via color codes (a coloured dot on the PSU and on the ECU that need to match), although the color matching makes only a slight difference.