3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
upload_2018-1-18_8-7-10.png

found online.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure what I'm looking at: a real car or a computer rendering. The logo in the corner is "Virtual Models", and there is some script ghosted over the red paint. I have to assume this is a created image.

I am a sedan fan, though... If this existed in the real world, it might be the car I want/need.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure what I'm looking at: a real car or a computer rendering. The logo in the corner is "Virtual Models", and there is some script ghosted over the red paint. I have to assume this is a created image.

I am a sedan fan, though... If this existed in the real world, it might be the car I want/need.

It’s definitely a photo of a real car. Heavy post processing. The script is the same as below. They may be using it as a watermark but I’m guessing that it is deliberately visible.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good rendering for sure, but hopefully no one destroys (even a wrecked/rusty one) to create that.

I'm from the Mopar world and some guy spent a ton of money and time to build a four-door convertible Barracuda. Good craftsmanship, but way too much time/money into something no one wanted.

Funny looking, but I think this is much cooler:

shooting-brake.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
both are funky, for sure....

IF the top picture is a rendering, they did a good job of all the details. Check the miniature glass at the Hofmeister kink on the top picture...

The Touring is interesting, too bad the chrome trim is interrupted at the top of the side glass. That sure messes up that long sweeping line. I wonder if the rear opens like on a Touring?

More pics and info please... :)

Ed

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's what i thought ... photoshop wagon. i remember seeing another one like this - it was black.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
He did it with photoshop. Here's the link to the original posting page.
http://www.virtualmodels.org/bmw-e9-gran-coupe/

Here's the source photo. He made the wheels a bit bigger, stretched the roof a tiny bit and moved the door up and added a second. Of course, engineering such ideas is a whole 'nother ball of wax. Silly to do in practice, since you can just buy an E3 and have a properly engineered and constructed four door vehicle. If you want something that looks like a coupe, buy a coupe.

Yeah, I know, there's a whole industry to help people do things to cars that weren't envisioned by the designers, but it's hard to see how messing with the coupe's lines will result in an improvement. If it's function you want, buy a 4 door car, don't destroy a masterpiece to get marginal improvement in functionality.
bmw_3.0_cs_81c1.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Edit: I’m a confused no value add to this thread... :D

Last edited: