e9 electrical guy in bay area ca?

TomP

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a mechanic in the bay area that knows the e9 electrical system. I just finished a restoration of a '73 3.0CS, in an attempt to trouble shoot the rear signal and tail lights, I nearly burned up the car!

Any leads would greatly apprciated!
Thanks, TomP

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Terry sets the standard for electrical work.
Count your blessings if he will work on your car.

shanon

Reaction score
having my car almost burn up when I first got it, check the wiring around the steering column and fuse box. look for cracked wires, bad switches and corroded connectors (if you haven't already done so.) Also, bad grounds can wreak havoc.

There is a ground strip connecting the light bulb buckets that runs in the rear lights. then runs a ground to the body of the car.(browns = grounds) check all grounds to the body from light buckets.

if your car has been repainted, you may not be 'grounding' correctly in places where light buckets got oversprayed....scuff up area for proper grounding.

(that reminds me, guess I should go fix that silly front blinker one of these days....;-)

...and yes, Terry is good guy BTW.

-shanon

TomP

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guy's, Shawn H. sent me e-mail yesterday also recommending Terry. Terry is tenatively scheduled to check the car out on Wednesday!

Thanks again!
TomP