e9 Aero Kit

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Works best with a tail wind - definitely not a performance mod. Requires two paddles to operate.

5ed9dd928c77399cd8f8dab1c24274ba.jpg

corsachili

Reaction score
Ah yes, this is the rare one-off works aero kit inspired by the Le Mans winning D-Type Jaguars of the mid-50s. Very valuable and rumored to have been rejected by Alpina for their race cars only after someone pointed out that it was just a canoe turned upside down and mounted to a roof rack.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
The secret to it's success is the light weight monocoque composite construction. All that drag and so little weight. Amazing for it's time.

Equally effective in winter rallying. Just flip the whole thing and it works like a sled! Takes dog team to operate.

shanon

Reaction score
NICE!!

Great to see coupes 'racked & ready'. They definitely turn heads when you pull up to the trail heads or launches.

8)
-shanon

gpetrus

Reaction score
Oh, you mean the canoe thing. I've been driving around for years thinking the dog in the backseat was helping with the drag coefficient.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Interesting story about this trip. The drive (four hours each way) through the foothills of the Rockies against the wind (50 - 80 kph cross and head winds), sleet and snow left the car looking hard working, dusty and less than concours d'elegence.

Pulled up to the gas bar at Longview where the Calgary exotic car club (current Lambos, Ferrari, Lotus etc) were assembled for their sunday drive. Everyone is rubbing and dubbing their prized possessions (cars that is) and collectively turned their backs on my RV road warrior/cross country touring rig. I smiled knowingly and watched them howl away to the next stop. A very different take on the car obsession we all suffer from and some very cool hardware but I think I made them nervous.

They missed the last scene where I had to push start the car. My dirty little secret.