E34 15" Style 5 wheels

G-Man

Reaction score
Does anyone have these wheels on their coupe and if so, what size tires do you have on your rims? I currently have these wheels on my 81 Euro spec E12 528i with 205/60-15 tires but was wondering if I could go wider on my E3. I have a spare set of these wheels sitting in my garage. 14" performance tires are going the way of the dinosaur and at least there are some decent 15" tires to choose from. These wheels have an offset of ET 20. Here's what the wheels look like on an E12.
http://www.2002haus.com/gman528iAeuromodel.htm

G-Man

Last edited:

pamp

Reaction score
Wheels

Curious,
I have a set of Fundo wheels marked 7 J X 15 H2 BMW e20 I test fit these on the car (no tires) with the offset they fit fine, no strut clearance issues, they are about 1/4'' more "proud" to the outboard side than the 14 X 7 BBS wheels I currently use. I was thinking to get them refinished to resemble the BBS gold style. Seems tire choice changes constantly, and $$$ for the tire mfg's are with the market for "dubs" and the like. Certainly the choices for 14'' suck. And the selection for 15'' gets slimmer by the day. I see some guys sticking with the 14'' for classic look purposes. 16 X 7 & 16 X 8, "staggered" popular as well. I know this thread has been worked to death, yet tires are what makes the car work...or not.