e3 what should i do

stcos85

Reaction score
i bought this e3 as a donor car for my e9 but as i started to strip it thinking the floors were the same i realised how good it is. the car is pretty much complete. i am now thinking i should just leave it and come back to it in a year or so.

what are your thoughts, they mah be somewhat biased on here but is it worth putting it back together

Attachments

• 20190327_131333.jpg
    20190327_131333.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190327_131242.jpg
    20190327_131242.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 20190327_162233.jpg
    20190327_162233.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 184

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you'll get the common opinion that it should be saved. The question is, by who? :)

stcos85

Reaction score
I dont have an issue restoring it as its pretty complete apart from the headlights and surrounds but I have a CSL on the go at the moment as well as a few other euro classics

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a lot of red Bavarias on the road. It would make a fun driver while your CSL is safe and tidy. You can get a set of nice used grilles for $200.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You'll probably enjoy driving the e3 more than the CSL, you'll be braver with it :) I actually think the handle a bit better than the e9 but that's not a professional opinion.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, so the board has decided that you should keep the E3 and get it back on the road. We'll defer to your management team to get the work done. :)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Okay, so the board has decided that you should keep the E3 and get it back on the road. We'll defer to your management team to get the work done. :)
Peter is right according to some conventional wisdom(whatever that is) the Bavaria is better balanced than our coupes. But hey, in 2019 what does it matter.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, subconsciously I believe you knew what this Group would recommend. We support each other and scrapping/parting out is rarely mentioned or suggested. We are pleased you allowed us the opportunity to help you see things "our way" and look forward to your progress and quest for guidance along your journey to returning this fine example of an E3 to its rightful place as a driver or even more, for the benefit of all. Best of luck! :)

stcos85

Reaction score
I think the comments were right, i also hate seeing a good car, especially a pretty rust free car cut up. If any one has a set of headlights and grille let me know. I will reassemble it and see whats missing

Simufly

Reaction score
I think the comments were right, i also hate seeing a good car, especially a pretty rust free car cut up. If any one has a set of headlights and grille let me know. I will reassemble it and see whats missing
I can do you a set of RHD headlights. Depending on the side, the carrier too.