dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
a.f.a.i.r. the differences between the three or four different tanks are minor,
1) two of the mounting tabs are located differently,
2) some do not have a breather vent pipe on the filler neck,
3) a gallon or two or three of capacity, plus or minus

but they all will fit any E3.
In the case of the mount tabs if they mis-align to your car you still have nine others to hold it in place, and your gasket will still seal it all the way around.
As far as the breather vent pipe goes,
a) if your car has the vapor circuit from the engine intake manifold you have to decide if you can live without vaccuum/overflow protection on your tank if you get a replacement without the vent pipe.
b) Same decision if your car has a passive vent going from that nipple to a breather pipe that routes through a grommet in your trunk floor and you get a tank without the vent pipe.
c) If your car did NOT have that vacuum piping off the neck and you get a tank that has one, you cap that so that it doesn't vent to your trunk (or you can route a passive breather like in "b)" above)

*** one note, I don't remember if or how many different depths of sending units/pickups there are or even if they are sourced according to tank capacity (that wouldn't surprise me) but I do know that most of the capacity differences are related to slight changes in the shape (not depth) of the tanks. y.m.m.v.
****another note for Dan G, drop me a note if you've found the captive speed nuts rotted away on the floor and I'll share you the trick I did for replacing them and getting the tank securely mounted in the car I just re-did the tank in (Obi-Wan, '73 3.0S/Bav)
obi1.jpgobi2.jpg

Last note for anyone else: if Dan doesn't buy Sooner's tank and you are reading this and you need one and he still has it you should buy it. If by the time you read this and you need one and Sooner has sold his tank drop me a note I have a couple (don't want to step in front of sooner's sale though) hope this helps!

Bearmw

Reaction score
Would you happen to have the left upper c-post chrome strip?

I'm also looking for both front door brown (is it called tobacco) door card vinyl upholstery ( a previous owner cut speaker holes in mine). Lastly, the carpet piece that goes just below the rear seat ( brown also). Someone cut speaker holes here as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Would you happen to have the left upper c-post chrome strip?

I'm also looking for both front door brown (is it called tobacco) door card vinyl upholstery ( a previous owner cut speaker holes in mine). Lastly, the carpet piece that goes just below the rear seat ( brown also). Someone cut speaker holes here as well.

Thanks
no door panels or carpet, sorry