Dogleg Conundrum

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am in a position that I am not sure where to go with. I have a Dogleg transmission complete with an Ljet bell housing,and shift platform, that I want to sell

Problem is I am having a hard time figuring out a fair price to members here before I thow it on Ebay.I have seen them on Ebay in the past with bidding starting at $2K and read here, in another post, that they are going way above that. I don’t want to squeeze every last nickel out of it and am trying to figure a reasonable price for it.

This posting is not looking to put anyone in a bidding war but simply to put a reasonable price on it for a potential buyer. I am thinking $1500 plus shipping, which should run $150 or less in the mainland USA

Pictures tonight or tomorrow as soon as I can get to my storage locker.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you know the condition?

I only know that it came out of an 81 euro 635 with 125k on it. car was parted because of excessive rust and was a running and drivable car before being parted. I am just uncrating it and will see how it feels when shifted and if there is any play in the shafts. At that time I will post pictures and have a price figured out

Mario L.

Reaction score
Bert,

I'll throw my 02 cents in

Value for these is all dependent on condition. they must be verified as functional as here in the USA, you CAN NOT get rebuild parts from BMW . . They won't sell them here . . BTDT, have 3 units on the shelf in this situation.
Rebuild parts are $1500.00 - $2000 if BMW NA sold them and inventory in Germany is marginal.
Second factor is how many mounts on the case? Most individuals want the case with two side mounts, so a single side mount has a lower value.

I suggest you test the gear box. Strap it down to a bench, install the shift linkage and run the input shaft via a large 1/2" drive electric drill. listen to the case sides with a stethoscope, if there are bad bearings you'll hear that, and you can then shift it thru the 5 speeds.

Mario L.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 23231202739 synchros are on sale at rmeuropean now for 40 bucks?

Synchronizer Ring
Manufacturer: O.E.M.
7 in Stock
Ships today 180.51
$36.41