Dashboard colors

mdf

Reaction score
On my 1972 Fjord blue 3.0 the interior is both navy blue and black. Is the top of the dash supposed to be black - what about the front edge in front of the parcel shelf. Any suggestions appreciated.

Its hard to tell but my car currently has traces of very day navy blue and black on the dashboard a p.o. must have touched up the dash board at some point with vinyl paint - and I would like to put it back the way it supposed to be.

THANKS,

-Michael Fatsi

61porsche

Reaction score
Dash Vinyl

Guys,

Is there an explanation for wood being used on the lower dash piece above the brushed/ polished metal on euros? Some of the cars appear to have had wood in the pictures others have posted- English cars? I thought it was something an owner did until recent others posted the same trim.

I can imagine that the US back then as now had regulation requirements beyond emissions and bumpers.

Thanks,

61Porsche

jmackro

Reaction score
Well, without seeing the pictures you are referring to, it's kind of hard to comment. The 2000CS did have a wood "bullnose" facing the passenger (see first photo below) - might that be what you have seen pictures of? But as HBChris wrote, all 6 cylinder CS had black vinyl on that part of the dash (see second photo below).

Attachments

• bmw_2000cs_petter2_interior_2.jpg
    bmw_2000cs_petter2_interior_2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 112
  • interior_2.jpg
    interior_2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
Dash

Yes, that' s what I saw in the pictures. Thanks.

But the recent posts from members native to England had the same wood bullnose on later coupes.

Black vinyl dashes; not blue.

61Porsche

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
wood bullnose...

I am wrong about 37% of the time...but from what I have read, etc, the US spec cars had the padded vinyl as part of the DOT safety laws/rules. We didn't ever receive the pretty wood bullnose on the 3.0 cars, and I dont think even on the early 2800's. At least its not in my old Road & Track magazines...my pre-internet gospel...Dave V. in NC

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And to add, wasn't it only the RHD UK cars with the wood. Perhaps to help sell those city pack cars? I have never seen a LHD wood dash rail.