CSL pedal opening

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm working on converting my CSL body from RHD to LHD. I have a question I wonder if anyone can answer. Is the opening (on RH cars) that the pedal bracket passed through covered with a bolted steel plate on LHD models or it is just a recess in the bulkhead that was opened only on cars that were produced for the UK market? I will try put it back to original LHD state. Either weld in a piece of steel or bolt on a cover.

Henrik

Attachments

• Pedalluke.jpg
    Pedalluke.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 115

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Henrik,

Here is what it looks like on LHD models. There is not a separate cover piece that bolts over the pedal box opening of the RHD models. You could probably find a donor LHD car here in the state where you could have the recess cut out large enough to then weld into the RHD opening - cutting your out beyond the screw holes (for a more stock look).

Ignore a few of the extra round holes that I added for the fuel injection wiring.

Attachments

• EngineBay.jpg
    EngineBay.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 134

Henrik

Reaction score
That's how I figured. Same shape on my -70 2800CS. No difference for CSL's.

Thank´s Sven

frogisland

Reaction score
Very simple conversion. Weld a formed plate in on RH hole, use existing hole on LH. New pedalbox, steering box, front cross member required notwithstanding dash etc

JP

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Henrik,

The previous photo is of a 1972 CS engine bay and not a CSL. I am assuming there is no difference in the layout/design of the firewall (except perhaps a thinner gauge metal - or is that just the exterior skin panels where they are different?).

Henrik

Reaction score
(except perhaps a thinner gauge metal - or is that just the exterior skin panels where they are different?).

Yes, the firewall gauge metal is very thin (0,7 mm). Difficult to weld.