CSL Golf RHD for sale

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bryce csl is back on the market for sale at 190k NZD....by its new owner...

Rek

Reaction score
I've spoken to Bryce several times for a friend and my understanding is my friend and him have agreed on a price and preparing to ship.

Well, well, well.

All that chat about City Pack cars being not as valuable, and now its being flipped. I did say that this was cheap at the time. tferrer's friend must have agreed with me.

Meanwhile, Bryce's cost is NZ$90,000 in potential value.

Isn't protecting members a big part of what this forum is about?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
The current price of NZD $190k seems reasonable for a very nice restored CSL albeit non CSL matching no. motor. (Shame it’s missing the wheel arches too). A silver one sold six months back in Aus for AUD$162k so similar ballpark. It also had non CSL motor and paint change.

I think non matching numbers, non original paint colour etc seems to hurt the prices of CSLs by minimum of -30%. I heard also that BMW wont provide a heritage certificate for any BMW classic that is not a verified matching numbers car.

Last edited:

Boobouna

Reaction score
Wheel arches aren’t missing. They have them, previous owner (Bryce) didn’t like them but kept them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wheel arches aren’t missing. They have them, previous owner (Bryce) didn’t like them but kept them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah just noticed that - good they still have them. Although Bryce had rolled the fenders so someone would have to heavily fettle the silver arches to re-affix, since these silver arches have a flat edge on the bottom. Not sure it would be possible to actually attach them to rolled fenders without distorting the silver wheel arches.

Rek

Reaction score
I think some posters are missing the point here. Bryce's car was sold to a flipper with a 'new' member who was giving negative comments regarding its value. His friend then buys it and sells it for much more.

Bryce should have got more got his car and this happened under our noses.

I don't know what the purchase price was but if it was NZ$100k then that means that fixing the the silver wheel arches will still leave quite a lot of change out of NZ$90k profit.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a ripoff. Sorry for Bryce but it takes two to tango!
If you don’t know what you have value wise, that invites folks like the ‘new member’ who obviously fed the city package/ RHD bs to Bryce with the intent to have him sell for a way lower price, which he did.
There are quite a few good folks who Bryce could have reached out to for sound advise........

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think some posters are missing the point here. Bryce's car was sold to a flipper with a 'new' member who was giving negative comments regarding its value. His friend then buys it and sells it for much more.

Bryce should have got more got his car and this happened under our noses.

I don't know what the purchase price was but if it was NZ$100k then that means that fixing the the silver wheel arches will still leave quite a lot of change out of NZ$90k profit.

Maybe I am missing something here ... but Bryce sold his car over two years ago based on dates of original posts. Maybe he sold it cheap in your opinion, hard to know ... but it’s not a matching no. car which does effect values of CSL. Also bare in mind there has been high price inflation for e9s especially CSLs since early 2016. If you look at Hegarty valuation tool (I find it a half decent reference) the most steep increases actually started happening late 2016 and 2017.

Maybe a case of unfortunate timing ie a sale just before prices started really climbing rather than the forum members to be to blame?

6B37B9D5-0ABA-4123-91CA-62B383F0C349.png

Last edited:

Rek

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something here ... but Bryce sold his car over two years ago based on dates of original posts. Maybe he sold it cheap in your opinion, hard to know ... but it’s not a matching no. car which does effect values of CSL. Also bare in mind there has been high price inflation for e9s especially CSLs since early 2016. If you look at Hegarty valuation tool (I find it a half decent reference) the most steep increases actually started happening late 2016 and 2017.

Maybe a case of unfortunate timing ie a sale just before prices started really climbing rather than the forum members to be to blame?

View attachment 48597
Maybe - but the bad mouthing the CityPack for values still leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. At the time I even provided some examples which were double the asking price so it was cheap at the time. Taking account of shipping and duty would not have dented the difference that much.

Some of the forum members are of an age where they are not as familiar with the web or the possibilities of searching or reaching out for advice. Accordingly, it is a prime feeding ground for people to take advantage either when selling a car or buying parts which are described as rare, priced accordingly, but are available elsewhere at a fraction of the price.

A forum should be about protecting people as well as helping them from unscrupulous buyers or sellers. Perhaps we need to call people out on this more and stop 'new members' from putting in their 10c which is only worth 1c.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It feels like the biggest increase in value for all coupes has happened in the last couple years and you're dealing with a car that is hard to pinpoint a value on. Also, the new owner has had it for two years now? Is that the definition of a flipper? Maybe with one of these cars but I think googout when I think flipper.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bryce sold his car at a price he was happy with , buyer got a very good deal and the rest is history!!!

On a personal note... I think the car was worth a lot more than the selling price !!!

Rek

Reaction score
If Bryce was happy then so be it. I was not trying to get the pitchforks and torches out; just pointing out a few unspoken truths.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rek

I totally understand where you are coming from .

But their are members on here who are car traders , dealers and they are not as honest as most of the members here

So we all must be very careful who we are thinking of selling our cars , parts to !!!

I know of a buyer that purchased a E9, in 2015, for 90k
the seller contacted him in 2017, he regretted selling his car and offered 110k To buy it back
The market had jumped rapidly in 2yrs and the present owner would only sell the car back to the previous owner for 125k..that’s how much he valued his car at !!

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was the original poster who had a friend that had an agreed upon price (his asking) with Bryce. Neither one of us are dealers! In the end Bryce stopped communicating with my friend so he never got the car. Perhaps he got a higher bid from someone else but that's an unknown. Guys- don't jump to conclusions when you have no idea what's transpired! ;-)

Rek

Reaction score
Oooooh! Well pardon me all over the place!

So you tried to advise him on the low side (city pack comments ) on the site and pick it up cheap, working with a friend, but you didn't get away with it as you were rumbled.

You should have said so before that you didn't get away with it. Thats all right then. Better luck next time.

Please spare me the self righteous indignation.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oooooh! Well pardon me all over the place!

So you tried to advise him on the low side (city pack comments ) on the site and pick it up cheap, working with a friend, but you didn't get away with it as you were rumbled.

You should have said so before that you didn't get away with it. Thats all right then. Better luck next time.

Please spare me the self righteous indignation.

Oh please..Talk about sanctimonious. .I didn't "advise" him . I gave him my opinion as a previous owner of a city pack car. And they ARE less valuable so was I misleading him by my post? Isn't that what we all do here is give our opinions? Do you really think my 1 post led Bryce to undervalue his car? He was asking a price for the car and my friend was interested. And I wasn't buying the car so I had no horse n the race.

You should really learn a little more about a situation before you run your mouth...