CSL for sale

RonP

Reaction score
Cool! Good luck, T.J. Sorry to see it go, but I know your efforts are now being focused elsewhere. Great car and a strong runner. One of the nicest driving CSL's that I have ever driven. Pulls hard in every gear and runs like a sewing machine. This is a "two thumbs up" car. I have had this car on my lift and couldn't find any rust anywhere. Not a show car, but it wouldn't take that much to make it that way. T.J.s intention was to drive the car. Car has been well loved.

corsachili

Reaction score
Care to share the reserve and possibly save the Meccum fees? :cool:

I'm afraid it's not that easy. When you consign a car to be auctioned you sign a "Performance Guarantee" which means the car must appear in the auction or you are assessed a penalty, which in this case is a significant amount of money. Additionally, it costs to list a car, so those fees are "sunk costs" at this point.

-tj in los gatos

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sold at Mecum's

Bid went to 90k, which I thought might be enough. TJ wanted 105k, however. Hope you get what you want, TJ. Good luck.
Scott

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Watched the auction on Velocity last night; there seemed to be more fuss over the Saab Sonett that followed the coupe!

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Best quote at the auction:

Announcer 1: I think its great to see all these men that brought their daughters

pause

Announcer 2: I'll bet most of them leave here with new cars.