csl for sale in texas

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They must have used a gallon of Armorall on the interior! Looks like a Swiss coupe? What's up with the fender mats too, not original. Missing trim on door panels, etc.

latebrake

Reaction score
This is the same car that just sold at the Gooding sale in Amelia Island last month for $63,250. Lots of comments on this forum regarding the corrosion issues, etc..........

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Yep, search the VIN for the scoop, 2275047.

These pictures are better than the last listing in NY, for whatever that's worth.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
That price doesn't see too far off

A common sellers fee is 10%.
Factor in the costs of the auction and seller may have put mid 50's in their pocket.
$55k for a csl that needs one A-pillar, likely the adjacent rocker and one front fender structure seems ok.

OTOH, if the buyer paid $63 plus 10% ($70k) they might not have gotten a very solid buy. this car could need $30k to fix the a-pillar, rockers, and front fenders.... and that's not even a total-full restoration yet. Would a no rust but but otherwise #2- CSL be worth $100?

Nash

Reaction score
John,

I have to agree, once you start getting into six figures, they better be very, very nice cars.

Its not unusual to see a few very nice cars make very good money and then everybody thinks their car or the car they have bought is worth similar, that point seems to be an absolute when most are selling.

With decent Batmobiles now much nearer $200k than $100k and I would think most would fall in the $150k to $250k range, CSLs are getting lifted.

Roughly $70k has been paid for 2275047 at auction twice in the last twelves months on two continents. So if we extrapolate that at least four people ( bidder and underbidder) thought it was worth in that range, we can see CSLs are starting to move, so if anybody wants one and you know of an inexpensive one that has solid bones, now might just be a good time.

I do understand and take on board all the arguments about weight and differences between a CSL and a CS ( from the CS side) fact is people will always want the one there is less of ( or they perceive there is less of) especially if it is called a lightweight.

Remember guys, not everybody out there cares as much as we do about the idiosyncrasies of E9s, they want the badge and the badge better say L at the end.

RonP

Reaction score
I would venture to say this car would need at least $100k to be a 1. Seems like a lot of really crusty areas. But....for $70k or so, it is still a good deal. Needs the correct steering wheel, shift knob,. etc. It does have the correct tires though! Def one to keep any eye on.

RogerB

Reaction score
They must have used a gallon of Armorall on the interior! Looks like a Swiss coupe? What's up with the fender mats too, not original. Missing trim on door panels, etc.

My Swiss coupe 030, 17 #s below this one was also delivered to MOTAG, so it probably is a Swiss coupe. +1 on the Armorall!!!