CSL Duck tail spoiler badge part number (or substitute)

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi all,

We are really on the final furlong now (It is Melbourne Cup day here!) and there is a part I need help with.

I purchased a small ducktail spoiler (pictured below) from an original CSL owner here in Sydney who had optioned his car with factory air conditioning, sunroof and a full Batmobile kit. O&S the original fabricators of my car seemed to make a habit of losing rare parts and the BMW badge from this spoiler (not the curved original one from the boot lid) is one such lost part. Fortunately, Scott's panel found an old scratched BMW badge in their parts bin and it miraculously fits perfectly! But the part number is not apparent.

BMW Sydney now have the car and their parts department are doing their best but can't quite locate it (I guess it was only made for the series 4 batmobiles) so they have kindly escalated to Germany. Given the lucky fit that Scott's found, I suspect a badge from another model fits just fine. Does anyone know which one might suit or be able to help with clues that might help BMW locate an original?

Many thanks

David

IMG_1712.JPG

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow fast work (if this is the flat one for the small duck tail) - I have passed on to BMW Sydney many thanks!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s shown on 51/73 with the small spoiler. Doesn’t mean it’s available though!

Thanks for the clarification Chris...... I’m looking for the exact part too (3x).

David, if you hear back, please let me/ us know.

Thanks guys