CS Register Grill Badge - All gone???

jmackro

Reaction score
Badge #024 arrived yesterday. Looks great! Thanks to Autokunst for all his efforts (and for dealing with the US Postal Service!).

Is there a consensus for where to mount these on our grilles? Left or right, top or bottom, ... ? Autokunst posted the photo below on April 25th, which seems to show the badge on the lower left corner of his left grille.

42269-22cbb66e6281649747e5200a43e720d3.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Badge #024 arrived yesterday. Looks great! Thanks to Autokunst for all his efforts (and for dealing with the US Postal Service!).

Is there a consensus for where to mount these on our grilles? Left or right, top or bottom, ... ? Autokunst posted the photo below on April 25th, which seems to show the badge on the lower left corner of his left grille.

42269-22cbb66e6281649747e5200a43e720d3.jpg
It could vary. Do you have fog lights? Where can it be mounted and seen? May take some experimentation

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, can we get a consensus as to where best to mount the badge?
Maybe some owners with the previous badge version could chip in with some photos to show nicest mounting location.
Tks

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen,

Badge arrived in today's delivery from the Pony Express rider. Wow - they are so gorgeous he tried to talk me into selling it to him for installation on his saddle!! I rejected his generous offer and told him to keep his Colt 45 in the holster as this was worth dyng for.

Same number as the last 2 digits of my serial number - that badge ain't goin' anywhere other than on my CS grille.

THANK YOU for all you did to make this 'restoration project' a reality.

Gary--

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
The most elegant of Coupe accoutrement arrived today, and I must say it is magnificent! Great job Stephen. Thank you for all of the steps you took to make this happen :). I do hope you are still welcome at the Post Office :rolleyes:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I changed the title to indicate that the previously ordered badges have shipped (sounds like most have already been received).
And to remind everyone that a few more are available. Get them while you can. :D

franticfam

Site Donor
Reaction score
My badge arrived yesterday. Beautiful work, Stephen! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine came yesterday as well. It looks great, thanks Stephen. It's hard to see how you are breaking even with the great badges and the shipping. For my part please let me know if this doesn't work out financially and I'll make it right. No sense taking on work and paying for the privilege. - Jim

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i just returned to ATL and i opened my badge ... and it is REALLY nice. if you haven't bought one ... you should do so right away.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Morning guys,

My camping days are over number 071/100 arrived safe and sound this morning.

What a piece of jewelry Stephen, much better then I ever expected. Also was surprised by the weight of this badge. Somehow I expected a plastic base.

Great job Stephen and big big thanks for pulling this off. Love the little certificate you added as well.

Thanks to you I'll finally be able to crown the E9

Attachments

• IMG_6317.JPG
    IMG_6317.JPG
    788.9 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_6318.JPG
    IMG_6318.JPG
    768.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_6319.JPG
    IMG_6319.JPG
    765.8 KB · Views: 308

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
very, very nice,
arrived today, sound, heavy, very well made
the hardware excellent, please remember to use some loctite on threads
the document/certificate is a truly superb addition, so nice the picture, the explanation,...
not to forget to ship these ones individually is an inmense job
super grateful stephen