CS on BAT.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, but definitely needs way more pictures. That's how one should sell a car online.

tmason

Reaction score
You would think with this low of mileage there would be records? And with 66k why would air cleaner need paint. Not trying to tear it down just wondering?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You would think with this low of mileage there would be records? And with 66k why would air cleaner need paint. Not trying to tear it down just wondering?
I don't think the ad stated the 61k kms are all it has. It just states the odo "shows" 61k kilometers (38k miles). Could be 161k kms (100k miles). I think the interior and wood look good, which may suggest it is dry. But the respray may suggest there are more miles on it (odo rolled once?). But with the few pics available, it looks interesting. Would love to see more images.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thinking $50k.

Engine compartment is old.

Engine probably not rebuilt . Underside of that engine...not pretty.

Under chassis looks old, but probably solid.

Vinyl seats (nice though)

$77k is a solid #2 show/driver.

This is a very nice #3.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perhaps wishful thinking a bit....
Perhaps. For me, the greater value my car (our cars) may have helps to justify all of the time (and money) I spend restoring her. I really don't try to look at it like a spreadsheet, because the actual numbers (dollars and hours) would be a bit shy of a "sound investment" of each respectively. But it does help me reconcile it in some small way.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perhaps. For me, the greater value my car (our cars) may have helps to justify all of the time (and money) I spend restoring her. I really don't try to look at it like a spreadsheet, because the actual numbers (dollars and hours) would be a bit shy of a "sound investment" of each respectively. But it does help me reconcile it in some small way.
Rob, a weak #3 especially when up against the Hemmings at $55k. No contest in my mind.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This one is up in about 6 hours. Interesting comments, and not a ton of traction in the bidding (yet). Interested to see if it gains ground towards the end. Not sure if they added pics, or I just didn't look closely enough the first time. There are a lot of images of "sealant" work in various areas to keep the water out. I hope there is equal attention to letting the water "get out" once it gets in. :D Still watching with interest.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As most of you may already know, this coupe did not meet reserve at $34,500. I just read through most of the comments and really am shocked at how soured the auction became. It is unfortunate, and is causing me to reflect on how much I appreciate the information and resource that this forum provides. So happy to be here. I am as fueled as ever to go work on my coupe. :)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sealant might have scared some folks, but it probably was just there for preventative measures.

Nice coupe overall, but it seems E9 buyers wants full inspections before paying big bux.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know what a $45K car is anymore. I’m not saying this car isn’t worth $45K, but there aren’t many comps at that price point.

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's an interesting point. I imagine it is even harder to track given the rising values of the coupes - it is a sliding scale. In today's market (perceived or real), the comp for this $45k car might be a $30k car from a year ago.?.