CS for sale in MS

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sold in Dec 2009 for $13433. "The shock towers were patched but not structurally, the work was purely cosmetic. The hood release hinge is functional but damaged." It is in our registry.

TodB

Reaction score
cah

Fender tops look like they might be "getting on", i.e. rusting from the underside. Hard to tell from the one pic.

dealhunter0

Reaction score
Bet this guy bought the fjord 75 CSI that was in New York. I'm always skeptical when I see black stuff covering the engine bay. Would be great to see a pic of the underside.

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's a cs in the background of Pic #4, but it doesn't look fjord. It's in Meridian, MS which is far from me unfortunately.

Bet this guy bought the fjord 75 CSI that was in New York. I'm always skeptical when I see black stuff covering the engine bay. Would be great to see a pic of the underside.

bubukitty

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice car in many respects, but the black painted (looks like a rattle can spray job) engine bay is a real turn-off. Obviously the blue paint was a color change from the original paint, whatever that color may have been. Would be nice to know the original color of the car.

dealhunter0

Reaction score
Seller posted some new pics that show the underside. Looks like most of the floor pans have been replaced. Repairs are pretty obvious and look sub-par. This kind of thing makes me seriously doubt the quality of the "restoration." Bummer, pretty car...

ny30cs

Reaction score
Seller posted some new pics that show the underside. Looks like most of the floor pans have been replaced. Repairs are pretty obvious and look sub-par. This kind of thing makes me seriously doubt the quality of the "restoration." Bummer, pretty car...

HOLY CRAP!!!!! And people wonder why there are $8,000, $15,000 and $50,000 cars.......That is scary.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice car in many respects, but the black painted (looks like a rattle can spray job) engine bay is a real turn-off. Obviously the blue paint was a color change from the original paint, whatever that color may have been. Would be nice to know the original color of the car.

original color is nacht, so no color change. the karmann tag says its color 40. those patched floor pans are horrible. so the rattle can black is just a coverup of hiding rust.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fenders/floors are scary, the parcel shelf speaker holes looks like they were made with an ice pick.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score

If you buy that car after capping on it this crowd will be ALL over you

bubukitty

Reaction score
I agree. The additional photos posted show more detail of the color, so at least it is the original color for this car. Owner should have done a better job to keep the originality of making sure the engine bay was tidier and not used the black paint. Very pretty car on the surface though. Undercarriage is unloved and not up to par with the rest of the car.

original color is nacht, so no color change. the karmann tag says its color 40. those patched floor pans are horrible. so the rattle can black is just a coverup of hiding rust.

wmnewlife

Reaction score
tough seller

I went to MS yesterday and drove the car. It is not exactly Nachtblau, a little too light with some metallic element. Lots of little things - no low beam headlights, flasher, turn signals, and horn not operable could be a rely or fuse, but there is obvious rust in the fuse panel from a typical windshield leak on the driver's side. The dash is warped and in need of replacement, the wood seems repairable, but the access panel to the hood release/fuse panel is hanging by a zip tie and is hard to get in place. The drivers seatback came out of place on the inside, but was stable after pushing the pin into the seat bottom. Trunk looked fine, but there was grey overspray from painting the driver's side wheel well cover. No rust in the spare well, though. The rear speaker tray is very cheap. It drove and shifted ok, but the alternator light would come on above 3,000. pm for more

B

benzgarden

All problems were addressed, fuses were not making contact.

Engine bay/ shock towers have been painted to body color, there was no rust or previous repairs. I have no idea why somebody painted them black.

Underside of the body has been professionally cleaned up and any issues were addressed. In comparison of my Tundra CSi the floor pans looked the same, and no repairs seemed to have been made.

New burlwood interior trim by Madera Concepts installed.

Hood release lever and access panel replaced.

New alternator fixed the flashing alternator light.

New shocks and front suspension rebuild.

I purchased this car in October 2010 off ebay for $24,000 and have all documents to prove this. Whoever bought this car in 2009 for $13,000 as the registry indicates is not me, so apparently the registry needs to be updated.

Not a tough seller, just don't waste four hours taking all the seats out, all trunk panels out, looking with flashlights and magnifying glasses and only finding minor issues with a 38 year old car, then giving an extremely low/embarrassing offer.

Look forward to see the car for sale again soon, really debating to even put it up for sale again.

Regards,
Hyder