Craigslist BMW Finds:

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have an old AMC Pacer? Trade it for an E34 M5

"Cash preferred BUT will consider the following cars as trade in plus minimum $9k cash to me.
BMW E3 Bavaria, E28 535is, Subaru SVX, vw Eurovan or Vanagon, AMC Pacer, pre 1995 range rover."

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/redwood-city-stunning-1991-bmw-e34-m5/6938966563.html

00101_kghxzNZj6OF_600x450.jpg

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
From Craigs List, located in Fresno. (Not mine.):

"These are two BMW 2002 Roundie E10 models for restoration. Non running condition. The 1969 model is the one that is complete and it does have a motor under the hood. It has been sitting for years. Clean title. It is non op'd as well. It has the sunroof option. It had the transmission and rear differential removed some time in the past and I do not have them.
I bought it with the intention of using its parts to restore the 1970 model listed below.
The 1970 model is a recovered theft car. You can see they stole the doors, hood, quarter windows, seats, and trunk lid. The 1970 model has a salvage title as a result of the theft.
Both have alloy wheels...although I do have a set of original steel wheels with hubcaps that come with the cars .
Just looking to thin out some projects. This is a great deal for two of these cars at once. You can restore both or use one to complete the other. $7500 gets both cars.
You can call if you have questions but I do not respond to texts or emails. Just too many scammers.
Cars located in Fresno California
"

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/d/fresno-1969-and-1970-bmw-2002-e10/6921898492.html

2002s Fresno.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can someone repost the craigslist above?

Back to the 60s again. If you want to see a gauzy, nostalgic version of the 60s head for Ashland Oregon, the home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. More VW Busses and Beetles and kids playing guitar on the corners per square foot than San Francisco. Neighborhoods of redone frame houses like the ones from my childhood in the eastern end of Queens in Bayside. Our modest(seriously) house, frame, four bedrooms, large lot, redone attic sold for $16,000. in 1959 when my dad was transferred to Pittsburgh. That house, with no visible improvements - now north of a million.

Ashland prices in the same neighborhood.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
1985 745i Turbo project. Being in Pomona and some E9s in the background pics, I’m guessing this is Ben Miller’s shop. In downtime on my car, so I’ve been reading about E23s, which seemed pretty enigmatic in the variations from car-to-car. Starting to appreciate them more. I’d love to find one of the early BMW dictaphones they offered.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m fond of 1600’s and this seems like it could be a good starter for folks in the rust belt.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Purported dogleg 5sp

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Purported dogleg 5sp

They guy I bought my car from told me that the dogleg 5-speed in my car came from a euro 6 series. Obviously not this one, but one just like it. ;)

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
They guy I bought my car from told me that the dogleg 5-speed in my car came from a euro 6 series. Obviously not this one, but one just like it. ;)

My guess is it is correct and early e24 LSD might be a swap candidate, too. I’d give the rest to local BMW salvager, Alpine Foreign Auto, and still be over $3k & a bunch of time into what might just be cores. Or find someone in DCVAMD to let you litter their space for a day, pull the parts in MD and take them to salvage there. Still tons of time. @Markos deconstruction thread really was helpful in looking at buying cars for parts and assessing what you’re really willing to get into.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My guess is it is correct and early e24 LSD might be a swap candidate, too. I’d give the rest to local BMW salvager, Alpine Foreign Auto, and still be over $3k & a bunch of time into what might just be cores. Or find someone in DCVAMD to let you litter their space for a day, pull the parts in MD and take them to salvage there. Still tons of time. @Markos deconstruction thread really was helpful in looking at buying cars for parts and assessing what you’re really willing to get into.

I tried to buy the drivetrain on the cars earlier this year, but the owner wasn’t prepared to pull the parts. If anyone wants to proceed with this, I will gladly kick in for a dogleg. I had one but it was never delivered to me (see feedback section). I have no intention of spending $1,500 or $2,500 on one, and the two cars above listed for $2K should explain why.

The dogleg came in the e12-based 635CSi. These cars also have the revered M90 3.5 motor. The LSD sideloader bolts into the E9. It is a 3.07 though, which really only makes sense behind a dogleg. If you have a sideloader with a matching case, you can swap the LSD over. There are three different sideloader cases that fit e9’s.

The dogleg also came in e12 M535i’s, along with the M90. You won’t find one on CL though...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would possibly have some interest in a 3.07 LSD, and also possibly an M90 motor, if that somehow made sense long distance for a "deal" to go through... Even as I type this and realize that I already have (2) rear diffs, and a running motor. But not a 3.07 nor an M90. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hell yes!

I purchased my beloved 1976 2002 in Woodside, CA, where we lived for 27 years. I was the second owner, drove it while commuting in Silicon Valley, until 1998, had some over-heating issues, replaced the head and tucked the car away with 89,000 miles. The car is all original, upgrades done the last 2 years getting it ready to sell- radiator, thermostat, carburetor (Weber), ignition wires and distributor, brake system (master cylinder, lines, rotors, bearings), rebuilt clutch, Michelins, new battery, cleaned gas tank and fuel lines, and more. Has been detailed, have all chrome strips, looks better than the pics, interior is pretty good, rear seats were rarely used. The engine turned out to a setback, in that it rattles when running (chain guide?), and it emits white smoke (head gasket?) My car needs a good home, it's a great investment for one of you handy BMR guys, I live in Oregon now and the car is in the SF Bay area, don't have the facility to get it repaired myself but can come down and show the car to serious buyers, by appointment

9EE3DFD8-FCFD-41C0-9BB3-2FDBA26A25E4.jpeg

Something something 1976 something CA emissions :D Don’t live there...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hell yes!

View attachment 74140

Something something 1976 something CA emissions :D Don’t live there...
Not to long ago this was a $1000 car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not to long ago this was a $1000 car.

It will take me some time to say the same about an e21, but I think that the rise in value is well deserved.

Since I wasn’t explicitly clear, I am
excited about the color (and condition of seemingly original paint). I see square tails quite regularly and never see any Mintgrun ones driving around. I also never see them on craigslist.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Almost getting to prices justifying rounding the squares. That’ll be a fun debate to watch over on FAQ.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
About 2001, I bought a squaretail with those intentions...found and bought a clean rear center piece, beautiful 72 bumpers, and an NOS full nose...even bought NOS round taiights, front grills, etc. Sold all of the parts except the bumpers in 08 to help make house payments...learned to love squaries with euro bumpers.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
learned to love squaries with euro bumpers
A square taillight Euro bumper '74tii is probably my favorite. I sold a Euro '74 non-tii a few years ago and really had to think it through before I sold it. It had a cool history and was in really good shape, but if I kept all the cars I liked I'd have 50 of them.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wonder what “in restoration” means.

A0EB7CF6-3ABC-4A12-8606-22CA6BD50AC4.jpeg