Craigslist BMW Finds:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
85 E24 with a sense of humor. https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/morton-grove-1985-bmw-635csi-5spd/6898686416.html

00b0b_fgFrAkZpiGC_1200x900.jpg
Jay's photo, good laugh there, kind of sums up our collective "illness" "malady" and why we need an autotherapist.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was telling me that this is a good area of the country to look for older cars. They have a change of seasons, so the heat and a/c get used regularly, yet the climate is not as hard on cars as the more arid areas we typically prioritize.

This would be a great platform for an e28 build: https://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/34521/1985-BMW-518i/

I was thinking this might be a fun project if I could get it for $2,000. It went for $8,000!

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was thinking this might be a fun project if I could get it for $2,000. It went for $8,000!

That car was bizarrely original & clean. There was some debate about whether the trunk and a couple other parts had been repainted, but, whatever market exists for 4 cylinder auto e28s, this would be near the top of the market. The bidding on some of the no-reserve cars in this collection made me think the seller may have “bought” some back, but I could be 100% wrong about that and do not suggest anything untoward.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
'75 2002 project?

It's close to me (very close to Peter, actually) if anyone wants me to go look at it...looks rough

Ed

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow! BMW is clean and 74K miles but doesn’t push any buttons. Those Mercedes though!!!

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow! BMW is clean and 74K miles but doesn’t push any buttons. Those Mercedes though!!!

Is the white sedan a ‘59 Caddy? I didn’t think they had side scoops. I
love the yellow car but the wheels make me cranky.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That E24 has the first non-cracked dash I have seen in my life...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A really nice 100K unomlested 325IS:

623B3D47-8F81-40F4-800F-E0D2BD28DF0B.jpeg

A8CAC564-32BA-42BA-81E2-53D79DAE5F4F.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe the '80s came with a whole collection of "bad design", including hair, clothes, houses - I lived it, was a poster child for it at one time, so I feel it is okay for me to knock it...
Not a BMW, but I’ve never seen this nightmare. The styling of a Dodge Colt with the bonus of $15k tuneups to maintain a de-tuned version of an already tepid Ferrari engine.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/d/san-francisco-1988-lancia-thema-832/6919540876.html

View attachment 66676

View attachment 66677

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'll see your Lancia-Ferrari and raise you with a Chrysler TC - Maserati.

This always makes me think of Kurt Vonnegut's no-longer kosher description of semicolons. I might not hate it as much if I was just seeing it w/o the baggage of the 4 million J-car convertibles that were ubiquitous at the time. The La Barons were terrible cars that seemed to fall apart while leaving the lot. My immediate mental image is a crack head driving one with a ripped top dragging a smoking muffler--yes, I lived in DC in the 90s. The only exception is a judge who drove one for 20 years and it was immaculate the entire time. Ex-military who I'm sure never missed a service and replaced every part the day it failed.