Craigslist BMW Finds:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
To each his/her own. Crediting the passion & creativity and trying my best to see the world from a pro-slamming bent, I still don’t understand the 4-door modern-sedan slams. Impalas or pre-70s Lincolns or Caddies, I can see it. (Except, shaving fins should be outlawed by the church & state.) Widening more-modern narrow body sedans seems like a whole lotta work & expense resulting in more kitsch than cool.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Free 2002 shell in Portland:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/1976-bmw-2002-free-scrap-or/6666409197.html

00909_lHkTkvEw69b_1200x900.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i wonder if those are 16" or metric RS wheels? didn't they come stock with metric RS wheels. if they are 16's and the engine is decent you get a getrag 5 speed, the m90 and wheels for a fair price and the bonus is you have a decent car to part out or drive until you need the engine or tranny. the dash with that cover is pretty hideous. since this has similarities with the e12, the door handles + map pockets will work for the coupe

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i wonder if those are 16" or metric RS wheels? didn't they come stock with metric RS wheels. if they are 16's and the engine is decent you get a getrag 5 speed, the m90 and wheels for a fair price and the bonus is you have a decent car to part out or drive until you need the engine or tranny. the dash with that cover is pretty hideous. since this has similarities with the e12, the door handles + map pockets will work for the coupe

Such an e9-centric viewpoint haha! Not every car needs to be a donor for our beloved e9’s. :D This one looks like a keeper to me! Metric BBS RS were an option. We obviously can’t see the wheel size or tire size, but that isn’t a Michelin TRX tread pattern on the tires.

Craig Bower

Reaction score
From the pictures, this looks like it could be a great buy. If the wheels are 16s and not 415s (I am not able to tell from these photos) and if it has its original close ratio transmission. Lots of good boxes are checked off here. It might even have a limited slip differential. It would be the 3.07 ratio that I favor with this engine and transmission combination (in stock tune). The seller states that it has factory air conditioning, but it looks like one of the dealer installed systems in the photos to me.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
From the pictures, this looks like it could be a great buy. If the wheels are 16s and not 415s (I am not able to tell from these photos) and if it has its original close ratio transmission. Lots of good boxes are checked off here. It might even have a limited slip differential. It would be the 3.07 ratio that I favor with this engine and transmission combination (in stock tune). The seller states that it has factory air conditioning, but it looks like one of the dealer installed systems in the photos to me.

If the diff is the original 3.07 then it will be an LSD. I have been involved with the purchase of many of these early 635’s and they always have LSD’s, doglegs, and m90’s. It isn’t uncommon for replacement transmissions to be overdrive units however. You need to check the entire driveline. The motor should have 3.5 cast below the intake manifold, and the VIN should begin with a ‘W’. Since this is an e24 you can plug the last 7 digits into
realoem and get the bore and stroke of the engine. That will confirm that it is an m90. Ask the seller where first gear is, and get a pic of the diff if possible. This is of course if you can’t inspect in person.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking it was about $200 to much.

LOL. You are the expert in salvage cars. It may not be worth everyone’s time, but there is at least $1K in parts there. Don’t make me produce a list. ;)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a lot of Houston was underwater the last couple years. This one looks pretty mossy.

Caveat emptor...