dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
1970 BMW 2002 model - $3800

1 owner

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/1970-bmw-2002-model/6603423165.html

00F0F_jGxZTzN9e3c_600x450.jpg

The important stuff is good on this car.... mostly. I like it.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is an interesting car. No options except the repeaters on the fenders and then the interior. First thought it was swapped out of a car stateside but I don't think so with the rear headrests. Probably came through the Individual program. Put a basic MTech steering wheel in it and it's a real car.....for 6,000???

EJ333

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would an e28 like this be able to pass California smog most likely or not really without $$$ ?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it were a 535 it would be worth that, but a 525 which is a bit of a slug?

I agree - destined for a B35. When I was e9 hunting I was actually most interested in a 1998 528e Super ETA. The wiring is most suitable for a B35 swap. All of the other "sporty" stuff is easy to acquire. I don't have any badge envy for E28's unless it contains the letter "M".

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
aaahhh, the 528i.... my best car ever ! i drove one ( second hand) in the 80's for years and apart from oil and brakepads there was never a wrench on it !
and believe me , that car was abused…… there were almost no speed limits ( except towns) …… i sold it for buying a Range Rover as we bought a speed boat….. OMG, the worst car ever ! just the opposite , the RR was more at the dealer than on the road…..

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
a friend of a friend work at a Range Rover dealership, he said they would drain the oil out of the ones in the showroom

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
haha, Mark, i can write a book about my RR at the time.... seen things at the dealer nobody would believe….. nor the mechanics daire to tell.
Besides a blown engine they swapped 3 gearboxes under garanti…. after that i had to visit the dealer every 500 miles to check the oil level..... !
Seen a brand new showroom one on which they already demounted the complete fuel supply , tank,pump,lines,filters etc.... horrible.
I can say in one year every piece broke , really, every piece ! The only car i once had no brakes … at the traffic lights ! nothing ! Pads were out of the calipers , so were the pistons and oil…. !!!! unbelievable…..We pulled once our speedboat to France with it... and got broken down with the starter motor....
It was the Rover V8 with carbs…. the hole mechanisme once exploded in a thousand pieces..... doors were already rusting away far quicker than any E9 !

anyway , there was always something that didn't work. We were glad the thing started…..and assumed already no lights. :D