Craigslist BMW Finds:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I enjoy these type of ads. I wouldn't pay asking unfortunately.. I'd only buy a car with good body work at this point.
Too expensive to do things properly

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is why I leave mine unpainted, I can be disappointed with the appearance for free!
(I seriously doubt it's overpriced by much, btw)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is why I leave mine unpainted, I can be disappointed with the appearance for free!
(I seriously doubt it's overpriced by much, btw)

In the long run I tend to agree but the M635i doesn't seem to consistently pull M6 prices yet. It's a better car IMO (M635i).

Last edited:

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the M635i the car with the M88/3 motor? Or was that just the '88 Euro M6?

Yes, the M635CSi has the M88/3 (edit: note added). "Euro M6" is just a colloquial term for the same, the name "M6" was only ever officially applied to the US model. Although they made the M635CSi all the way through 1989, changing import laws in 86 made them near impossible to import. Not many were made for 84, so virtually the entire US supply are 1985 models.

Note: Unless it's a catalyst version of the M635CSi, then it has the S38B35 engine, just like a US model. These were sold in Japan and a few other European countries that had stricter emissions standards. I only know of one such car in the US, a Japanese market model. They are virtually non-existent in the US because the less powerful engine negates the purpose of importing a euro model, and most of the euro-catalyst production was post-86 and therefore much harder to import to the US.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ugh - I must own a euro e28!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1984-bmw-528i-euro/6330614016.html

01414_bFgBuvWn6KH_600x450.jpg

jamesw

Reaction score
What's the big deal? That's what I do down here in Houston when I see a big flood coming.

But seriously - >$10K for a 635 CSI AUTO??? I must be reading that wrong or I'm missing something.

Cheers
James

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
But seriously - >$10K for a 635 CSI AUTO??? I must be reading that wrong or I'm missing something.

Cheers
James

You're not the only one. It might be a decent starting price if it were fully assembled and functional. As-is, $3000 would be more like it.

jamesw

Reaction score
Beautiful M5 - I am one of the guys that likes the black on tan - not BB. :)

I don't know how the guy survives in AZ with no AC though. That's got to knock $4K off the price right there.

Wish I could get this one for a daily.

James

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful M5 - I am one of the guys that likes the black on tan - not BB. :)

I don't know how the guy survives in AZ with no AC though. That's got to knock $4K off the price right there.

Wish I could get this one for a daily.

James

I’ve done the no AC in AZ thing with my commuter. It was cool enough in the morning to make it to work without sweating. No chance on the way home but I’d change out of my work clothes.