Craigslist BMW Finds:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Jay and all you members :) , yes, that's the BAUR targa I've been toying with for a while. I don't want to do it and my friend- the owner - does not want to re-do it so I'm trying to get rid of her. If you know anyone who is interested. It has a newly rebuilt tii engine in her and all the sheet metal to make her new again. Almost everything is rebuilt on the car mechanically and it has a new fuel tank as well.

I hope everyone is well, I've been working in the regular business since things are so crazy with the covid stuff, but hopefully soon things will get "normal"- whatever that is.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello Jay and all you members :) , yes, that's the BAUR targa I've been toying with for a while. I don't want to do it and my friend- the owner - does not want to re-do it so I'm trying to get rid of her. If you know anyone who is interested. It has a newly rebuilt tii engine in her and all the sheet metal to make her new again. Almost everything is rebuilt on the car mechanically and it has a new fuel tank as well.

I hope everyone is well, I've been working in the regular business since things are so crazy with the covid stuff, but hopefully soon things will get "normal"- whatever that is.

Did you decide to dive into the Tundra? I owe you, so let me know if you need any skill-less help or any goodies from Oklahoma.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Jay- No Tundra diving for now, building a couple off-road vehicles to handle the impending apocalypse! While I take the Corona-virus very seriously (ie. no visits to the gentleman's club) I am much more concerned about the deaths that will occur as a result of the lockdown measures and other measures that I suspect may surface. Of course learning to run for long stretches of time, growing veggies, and raising some farm animals and trying to keep healthy -ha- are my main time users since March.

posix

Reaction score
My heart says giddyup...my wallet says patina is getting expensive. Like an old favorite shoe with new orthotic inserts. Pretty nice.
I saw this in person yesterday. Lots of patina for sure but from what I can tell the metal is in good shape. CA car all of its life. Interior needs a lot of help, exterior needs just as much help.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The truth is it's too heavy and although It's a great car it's my least favorite...

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
The truth is it's too heavy and although It's a great car it's my least favorite...

I love driving my coupe and I enjoy driving the euro six I bought last year but my favorite car to drive is my e39 M5. It's so much fun. My personal opinion, it' might be the best BMW ever - certainly the best M5. As far as being heavy, have you checked the where all of the new BMWs tip the scales lately?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well Vince, for a small fee of 15K you can have a great example of the e39 M5 :cool: I'm going to put it on an auction site called Autohunter.com as well

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well Vince, for a small fee of 15K you can have a great example of the e39 M5 :cool: I'm going to put it on an auction site called Autohunter.com as well

Thanks, I've already got one (our second). We bought the first one when it was three years old, it was my wife's daily for 5 years - great car! We replaced it with a newer e46 M3 (Manual). That M3 was a lot of fun but not the same as the M5 (feel the same about our e36 M3). Hey, we're all different! Judging by the list of your cars, you've got great taste. You can only have so many of them. I'm just a big fan of e39s, we have 6 of them through the years (three wagons, a 530, and the two M5s). I'm planning on holding on to my M5- low miles, great colors, and a Dinan S1 from new.

Good luck with selling yours, seems like a great price.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another nice car from Austin’s favorite BMW maniac :p

That’s a good one, Peter. I’ve forwarded the link to several people. Hope it goes to a good home.

Ed Z

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score