Coupe rental San Fran

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I will be in San Fran in September and October with work. I have been told I need to hire a car to really get out and see everything so was wondering if anyone fancies renting their coupe to an enthusiast who would mind it like their own? Just an idea as it would be good to rent anything other than a euro box.

Regards,

Rohan

Misterchinn

Reaction score
Hi Rohan,

To tell you the truth, I don't even like driving my coupe in the City and I was born and raised here. SF is a bad place to drive and park for a number of reasons, from the hills, to stops every block, to bad drivers from around the world (I'm Chinese so I can say that!), to parking by *feel*, to ocean fog that collects overnight, etc, etc...

So I drive a beat up Integra most of the time and run the coupe on sunny weekends up to Marin and away from the City. So when you say you'd treat a coupe "as your own," for some of us SF people that would mean locking it up in a garage. Sorry my friend, but I don't think you'll get any takers.

Malc

Reaction score
This is not as daft as it sounds.....
Take your own over there!
You can ship by sea or even air
As a "temporary" visitor you can run around on UK plates
Insurance can be arranged.
You might find it cheaper than renting a car for 3 months, then again you could always buy a daily driver.....
Malc

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Mister - I didn't expect much but thought it worth a shot.

Malc- had thought about it but only there for two months and not worth the hassle to me- might well buy something while there though - perhaps a 2002!

Just back from taking the bat to Lithuania - some trip in three days. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Tyler

Reaction score
Hey Rohan - I'm looking forward to updates and pics from your Lithuanian project!

I'll be driving the CSL to Frankfurt this weekend - it will probably do 1,500 miles over the next two weeks with various trips in the area including the Oldtimers Grand Prix at the Ring on Aug 9-10. Anyone else going to that event?

pj

Reaction score
Rohan,
There are a few coupe owners in the bay area and central ca, so you will no doubt get a few rides in coupes if you let us know when you get here,you know 'When in Rome' have some fun ,Hertz rents Shelby Mustangs,a few of the rental companys rent out Z06 corvettes.Minis are great in the city.
You are coming over at the best time weather wise so maybe we could set up a coupe cruise.

PJ

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Tyler - that sounds like a good work out for her! Perhps a longer diff might be a worthwhile investment before hand!?

Wont have any updates on the car for a while but the drive over was interesting to say the least - 2750 miles in three days!.

PJ - good point on the rentals - if I manage to get a motorbike licence in the meantime it would be good to hire one out there too I guess. Would be good to meet all you guys when Im over either on a cruise or just over a beer individually.

Rohan