Complete Bavaria Part Out

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
really, you could drop a b35 in that car and go ... sell the D jet. car looks to be in decent shape. the leather interior looks good too.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I have seen this car in person when the seller was trying to sell it whole for $3000 and, presumably, got no takers.

The car was garaged for a long time but is now baking away in south San Jose. It is only a matter of time before that dash cracks.

I would love to have gotten my hands on it before the current owner did. The plates on it have 1986 tags and it was garaged for years by the original owner.

It is a neglected car currently. If it was in another color, I think it would have moved, but chalky Sahara, a couple of dent fixes, with the hood off of it, in in-op status, it is just hard to justify when for a few grand more you can get a runner without all the hassles.

It's a shame really. The seller also has an older E3 sedan parked in the driveway (1800?) and claimed an '02 and a 2000 CS in the garage.

Would be great to see it up and running again, but it's a labor of love.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
3.0si

He still wants $3K...and ready to start the part out if anyone is interested...wrong coast for my wallet...hate to see it parted...
Dave V. in NC

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
If he would come down in price, I would happily take it, but $3K is just too much for how much it will need to just make it roadworthy. The few tools left in the kit are all rusty (most are missing), the battery tray is pretty rusty from acid damage, the hood off the car has exposed a lot of plastic parts under the hood to the elements, etc.

Worth saving? Sure...

but, as always, the pictures make it look a lot better than in person... I was very disappointed when I saw it for real...

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
This was a USA, big bumper, lower HP car right? Not a Euro d-jet... Per rsporsche it is probably a fine candidate for a engine swap.