Coco Mats Question on sizing

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just placed an order for Coco mats for my 74 3.0cs and just received an email from customer support stating that they have had some discrepancies with the fitment for this car and want to send me patterns to size my own.

I was hoping to avoid this along with saving time on the back and forth. I know many members have these mats and are satisfied. Curious for those of you who are happy with your sizing if you could share your order number with me so I could just refer that to Coco rather than start over with sizing.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought these for the 2800 and am glad they sent templates for me to customize, it’s worth it. I made ours a bit wider to make sure they wouldn’t move and modified the fit around the gas pedal. Very substantial and very pleasing to the eye.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I printed out a full size template from the PDF they sent me, marked up some tweaks to drivers side for a better fit, scanned it and emailed them back a PDF. The matts I recieved were a pefect match to the mark up. I do not think PDF 's can be posted to the forum but if you PM me your email address, I will forward it to you.

Doug

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. As always your input is is very helpful. I'll size my own as it sounds like it's probably worth it in the long run. Damn you experts! No cutting corners around here I guess.

dbower

Reaction score
They made a set for my 71 2800CS a few years ago. I was unhappy with the driver mat because it fit behind the gas pedal linkage, limiting pedal travel. They sent me a paper template to adjust to my needs and they made a new driver mat to that template - at no charge. Very happy with the new mat and service. BTW, I would be happy to give the original mat to anyone who needs it free, plus shipping. It is medium brown/light brown. [email protected]

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have yet to finalise my order as I am worried about fading due to the natural fibre and dyes they use. Coco Mats confirmed to me they will fade over time. Not sure if anyone has had this problem?

Also it is a bit of a hassle to get the large templates printed out. Cost me an extra $40 as needed to take to a printing shop to use a large format printer. Strange considering they have done heaps of e9 mats that they don’t 100% know the correct measurements. I wouldn’t think e9 floor sizes vary.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They sent me full size paper templates. I imagine that once they have had two or three buyers complain about fitment it became easier to send the templates.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Have had my Black/Blue dot Cocomats for 3 years with zero fading in the Coupe. No fading with my 2 other cars with Cocomats either.