Clean 71 2800CS on ebay

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Like how it has no side markers:

Don't often find too many 1971 model year 2800s. Just needs a little wood work and engine cleanup.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting that the auction says that the seller would much rather talk than answering emails! I’m the opposite and would hate that if I was a potential buyer!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well it needs a lot of work, it has a cheap respray (check out the door jambs), love the zip-tie holding the shift console together and the 2002 ashtrays in the doors. And who would believe the mileage stated on a Title?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The pictures look so deceiving to me (unintentionally I am sure). It is a white car, but I thought it was Polaris at first as that is what it looks like in a few of the exterior shots.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is the same white car in tallahassee that was being offered for $20k. Then recently 18k. Getting flipped. https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/1971-bmw-2800cs-20-000-tallahassee.32414/
Is that an open wound(gash) in the floor pan? Never seen a Speaker Delete quite like that one. Why spray what looks like perfectly good elephant skin black? And trunk panels?The antenna hole is nicely covered by the cheap respray. The place where the radio would mount, not so nice. An odd car. Is it legal in FL to paste a dealer sticker on the address line of the title?

2002turbo

Reaction score
You would think someone who saved all those take-off parts would have a stack of invoices as well .... the missing piece of the puzzle is whether the motor has been rebuilt.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Is that an open wound(gash) in the floor pan?

m46.JPG

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Listed 3 months ago on CL and presumably sold for $20K. First attempted ebay flip bid to $28.5K RNM. $8.5K seems like a tidy profit on a car that has issues. This seller needs to send out some second chance offers to the bidders on the first auction. Greed will get you in the end.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Listed 3 months ago on CL and presumably sold for $20K.
I suspect $20k is good/strong money for the car as it sits. Squeezing more from it, in my opinion, may lead to some remorse. But I hope it finds a new home with someone ready to dig in and make some positive changes and corrections.