chrome trim

ourdogblue

Reaction score
Greetings to all from another newbie,
I'm doing a partial restoration on my '73 3.0 CS. I'm looking to improve the chrome trim under the windows on the exterior. Can't find the part #s on Mobile Tradition. Maybe it doesn't matter, since Carl Nelson tells me these are NLA new. Anyone have any experience in replacing or re-chroming these pieces? Thanks much.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are easy to remove, just don't damage the rubber seal under the quarter window, it is NLA. Have them rechromed. Add a location to your profile so we know where you are.

ourdogblue

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - will look into rechroming, altho there are some dings and craters that may make it difficult. Actually they don't look too bad after steel wool and polish so I might just live with them.
I did register my coupe when I joined some months ago. Sorry for the empty profile - I did complete that today.
How do you list your vehicles on the posts? Haven't figured that out yet. In addition to the coupe I enjoy my bikes - 1985 R800RT and 2005 R1200RT.
Also haven't been able to upload photos. I have the standard jpeg images on this Windows XP machine, but when I try to upload to the e9coupe post it tells me "upload failed." What gives? Being computer-challenged, I'll probably find out it's something simple I haven't mastered yet.
My personal email is [email protected].

Thanks guys.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Under User CP is an option to edit your signature, add whatever you want there. You can add your e-mail to your Profile. If photo upload fails your jpg's are too large, it tells you what is acceptable in the upload section.