Channel felt- replacement product

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great results today guys with the Steele Rubber channel felt.
I am so excited that it fit so well and was easy to install and does not fall out.
It's all rubber with a felt lining where the glass slides in. Has a good reveal on edges and is SO much better than the OEM.
Excellent work and thank you for sharing!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Did you have to use any kind of adhesive to keep it in place?

No, it fits pretty snug and has rubber wings on the sides that act like flaps to keep it in place.
I just used a small piece of wood the thickness of the glass to push it into the channel so it would remain square in the bottom of the channel. Hope that makes sense?

e30strube

Reaction score
No, it fits pretty snug and has rubber wings on the sides that act like flaps to keep it in place.
I just used a small piece of wood the thickness of the glass to push it into the channel so it would remain square in the bottom of the channel. Hope that makes sense?

It does... thanks. I'll be ordering some now :)

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's photo of the profile so you can see how it locks into place.
When you push it in the channel it closes and makes the U shape for the glass to go in.

Attachments

• IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 162

e30strube

Reaction score
A dumb question, but I haven't removed mine yet. Do you need to miter the corners, use one piece for the entire way around or just hit a corner and use a separate piece?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A dumb question, but I haven't removed mine yet. Do you need to miter the corners, use one piece for the entire way around or just hit a corner and use a separate piece?

This is the rubber insert for the metal channel at the front of the two door windows. Back side of the wing window. The place where the front edge of the glass slides up and down in.
The other place it goes is at the top of the rear quarter windows where the glass closes at the top.
Each piece is about 2 feet long and it is just cut square so no mitering required.

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought from an online source, don’t think it was these guys but they have many sizes. Match the width and height to your original channel, buy non-beaded channel, beaded has an exposed metal edge. The pics look crude but it is a felt brush not the wirey looking fingers in the diagram.

https://www.metrommp.com/index.cfm?f=part_list_by_type&Type=Window Channels & Sweepers

Edit: Just saw that you bought 9/16, I think the channel is only 1/2” wide
Chris - Have you used this product on the vertical portion of an E3 window? If so, which part number The cloth on mine is fraying and I am worried about removing it unless I know the replacement is correct.

Thanks in advance.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have, 9/16” wide, 1/2” deep. It has to have NO metal bead so be careful. BMW stills sells this but it was $50 a meter, check with Maximillian Importing too.