Can someone please tell me what goes in this hole?

Ricks3.0

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what goes in this hole just to the right of the steering column, I cannot find anything in the manual or parts catalog.

Thank you,
Rick:confused:

Attachments

• BMW hole 001.jpg
    BMW hole 001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 207

Ricks3.0

Reaction score
Unfortunately not.

Unfortunately, I already have one of those directly below this hole. Which matches up with where it is supposed to be in the owner's manual.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
in the 73+ cars that have the different trim, the hazard goes there and the rear window defrost goes in the hole below (amber switch) ... the hole to the left of steering column is for the green fog light switch or the dummy switch.

in the earlier coupes the trim was different and both hazard and rear defog went in the panel below this location

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
forgot to post some pics

here is a pic from jabberjaw

Attachments

• silver - az3.5 - interior.jpg
    silver - az3.5 - interior.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 185

Ricks3.0

Reaction score
Still a little confused.

Below I have the rear fog lights to the left and the rear window heat and four way flashers to the right. This hole is just above the rear window heat and four way flashers.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rick,

if you have 2 holes in the panel directly below, your trim must have been replaced with one from a later car. typically this trim panel was used with the lower panel that only had 1 hole underneath and had the window circuit breakers. i would put the hazard in the upper hole ... and get one of the green dummy covers and put it in the lower hole. the 74 lower panel is different - its for the telescoping steering column.