Cable color for tacho on -74 CSi?

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Hello all, another question from me.

I cannot quite locate the cable to connect to the coil for the tacho. There are a few unused cables in that area but I am not sure which to use.
Some are constant +12 and the rest always "dead".

I think it should be a dead cable that goes to the bigger connector on the coil? Tried the dead ones but nothing happened.

What I have now on the coil is a black-red one that goes to the starter and the cables from the Motronic box. Car starts and runs.

Anyone know how the cables look for my model and year? The diagram I got earlier for a -72 seems not to be correct for my model. I have not received the nice laminated one I ordered yet :(

/Johan

61porsche

Reaction score
tach/ coil

Two black wires to the negative side of the coil. ( Same terminal as the wire to the distributer.)

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Really, the double cable? Bit much for a signal that low one would think.

But I did try that one, no dice. Will give it another shot tomorrow. Evening here now.

I found a clue that it might connect to #9 on the diagnostic plug in another post so I wil check that.

Problem is, as I mentioned in another post, the guy who removed the engine did not document his work.... Said, "Oh, I cut a few cables. Not sure which". Is that a valid reason to kill a mechanic?

Many thanks, sir.

/Johan