c pillar badge

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
The c pillar badges are very nice but very fragile - when removed they usually chip off where the threaded bar meets the badge - i cleaned my car yesterday and one of the new badges has chipped in this location despite not being touched.

Has anyone else had this? Is it due to being overtightened?

pmansson

Reaction score
It happened to me on a newly manufactured ? emblem which had plain pins rather than threaded ones. In order to insert the emblem, I had to push slightly, which caused the surface to crack. When I looked at the other emblem, I saw that the pins were not parallell, but angled out towards the sides.

I prefer the older ones, even though the surrounding part is slightly oxidized and brownish.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
New C pillar badges

There seems to be a manufacturing defect in the recent badges. Most of the ones I have seen, including several brand new badges, chip where you describe. Some chip during installation, some while on the car. Pretty disappointing, since they were NLA for so long.

pmansson

Reaction score
Similar experience with Jaguars from the 50s and 60s. All parts are available, made in China, with low cost in mind rather than quality. They are always of inferior quality and often don´t fit properly, needing costly and sometimes difficult alterations.

There is surely a market for top quality reproduction parts, albeit 25-50% more expensive. Changing an emblem is easy, but when it comes to most other parts, there is extensive labour hours/costs involved !!

A sign of modern times........