Bring A Trailer 1972 BMW 3.0CS Group 2

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very limited buying public for this one.

I'd say, reserve not met at $65k.
I tried to buy that Gosser Beer car, Rob, and this car is in a different league. I'd like to see more pics showing some of the usual trouble spots, and a dyno sheet would be nice given the 400hp claim, but it wouldn't surprise me if this car made double the Gosser Beer car.

The one thing that might slow the bidding down is that this car is a pure racer, and is therefore never going to be driven/enjoyed on the street. The earlier car could have been street legal pretty easily, which is what appealed to me.

It'll be interesting to see where it ends up!

Bill Sawyer

Reaction score
This car can't be judged by the traditional standards of this group. Many of the cars running in the various historic racing series are modified way beyond their original configuration. I don't understand the logic behind advertising on BAT other than instant publicity that may put it in front of the historic racing crowd. It should bring $150,000+ to the right buyer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the car, but does anyone else feel that Adam Corolla is adding relatively nothing to the conversation and value of the car? I've enjoyed some of his television personalities, but the "I don't really know much about the car I own", "hey, someone else fire this thing up" attitude seems to devalue what otherwise looks like an interesting vehicle. I am comparing this video to some other "celebrities" that also happen to be car guys - totally different approach. No offense, Adam. :)

EDIT: I just made my wife watch the video and she tells me I was way off base with my comments about Mr. Corolla. She is usually right, so I am going to defer to her judgement. Having seeing the video again, I do like the car - it sounds great!

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh, and for a guess: I don't know that BaT is the right venue for this one. But I am going to be optimistic and say $92k.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the car, but does anyone else feel that Adam Corolla is adding relatively nothing to the conversation and value of the car? I've enjoyed some of his television personalities, but the "I don't really know much about the car I own", "hey, someone else fire this thing up" attitude seems to devalue what otherwise looks like an interesting vehicle. I am comparing this video to some other "celebrities" that also happen to be car guys - totally different approach. No offense, Adam. :)
I have never even heard of Adam Corolla:cool:

Bill Sawyer

Reaction score
I have never even heard of Adam Corolla:cool:

The latest issue of Vintage Motorsport has an article on Corolla's collection. It's amazing that a third rate comedian can afford those cars, and a crew to maintain them.

With a name like Corolla, you'd think he'd collect Toyotas rather than Datsuns!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

climbernyc

Reaction score

EDIT: I just made my wife watch the video and she tells me I was way off base with my comments about Mr. Corolla. She is usually right, so I am going to defer to her judgement. Having seeing the video again, I do like the car - it sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana

Reaction score
This is the first I've seen of the spoiler air ports actually being connected to the front brakes for cooling. Is it a custom (cobbled up) affair or is there a bracket on the calipers that comes with the Willwood setup? Has anybody done this for a stock disk brake set up?