BMW e9's and P-928s

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
perhaps a old thread .... but yes, i have 2 of each :D
i build a "replica" of Carl Fausset's 928 racecar. ( 928Motorsports)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind owning a Porsche some day. I like just about everything except the 924, and the boxster (no offense @mulberryworks). I could get past the runny eggs on the 996. An comparatively “cheap” 912 is pr badly about where I would land. A backdated 964 looks cool also.

I’ve always like the 928 and I like the 944 Turbo also. A friend just had his red plaid redone in his and it looks amazing!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
my 928 is a little bit rebuild.... even with 4 Webers IDA48 :eek:
webers.jpg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
very easy Bo , takes 5 minutes. I can do it alone , better ofcourse with 2 ... idea was/is to make hinges at the front.
The front spoiler should ofcourse always be removed. That is already a demountable part with quick fasteners.
Motor was old... i'm building a new one as a "project when i have time "... as my rally CS and the rallys have priority ! :)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is no 928 in our garage currently. But it is my wife's dream to have a black 928 with Illinois plates that read "GARY". No joke - this is a serious desire of hers. So if we can one day pull it off, we'll fall into this group. :)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
928s seems to be going up in value. Eventually the 944 turbo will follow.

I still would like a 993 targa someday

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen, is that GARY for Sponge Bob's pet snail??
Hi Peter. We are a kid-free household- I'm afraid we don't know much about Spongebob. No, the reference that is so indelible in her mind is from the 1985 movie Weird Science. At one point in the movie, actor Anthony Michael Hall playing the character Gary Wallace terrorizes a mall parking lot in a black 928 with plates that read GARY.
928 gary plate.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm surprised Gary Knox hasn't jumped in here. He was into the 928 for quite a while and was an officer in the US 928 group.