BMW E32 V12 $8000 Baltimore

JFM

Reaction score
3E13Md3He5Ka5M45Jdd1dd693ce14677c1055.jpg

3Ff3Jf3He5L15Kc5J1d1d6255d77625d21285.jpg

3G23F33l15H45J65Mbd1df9c3f7cd6a841876.jpg

3G53Lb3H75Ka5F25Jdd1d3848a0d9b2cb1011.jpg

3I23Fe3L35L85G25J4d1de275f2d915dd1f63.jpgBMW 750IL.V12 1990 -Rare- Historic-Excellent condition. superbly engineered single-cam aluminum V12. 135,000mi. gray/tan leather. superb handling, power, smoothness and silence. $72,000 new. BMW Dealer serviced. super clean. . no rust, fade,accidents...3rd owner. . My daily driver. Sunroof, CD, A/C, Traction control. Heated Seats, New Driver Seat. 18 mpg hgwy.
New alternator, master brake cylinder, blower motor, drive shaft, transmission, new heated driver seat, radiator, shocks, locks, valve gaskets, belts, windshield,climate control, water pump,power steering pump, and coolant system upgrade. Extremely well maintained car!
Passed a 66 task $1800 BMW Dealer Major Service inspection 12/2011. NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS. BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL PAINT. INTERIOR LOOKS NEW.
A $25,000 BMW Dealer Mechanical Restoration 2009-12 was done. Have all records since 1990.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice car but…8000 bucks seems a little high.

Trade-In Private Party Dealer
$1,208 $1,618 $2,305

JFM

Reaction score
Trade-In Private Party Dealer
$1,208 $1,618 $2,305

I know, it is higher than blue book, but this is no ordinary E32 and the V12 cars on the market are often in need of very expensive repairs. This one is already done, and done by an experienced BMW Dealership.
The BMW dealership and BMW mechanic here in Baltimore told me that this is the best one they have ever seen. The Engine etc. Restoration is new. More than 20,000 dollars was put into it within the last 10,000 miles to make this car perfect. This means the new owner may have no worries for years hopefully. The BMW V12 engine is wonderful to drive, and when fixed and tuned is likely to last. The car is built like a tank. A fantastic highway car. Better looking than the new ones as well.
Buy one for 2 grand and put 15-20 grand in it? or buy this one for 8??

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's a great looking car no doubt. I hope you find a new owner who will appreciate it!
FYI - I worked on a 92 last year with hydraulic suspension. I had the joy of telling the
owner that a set of new shocks with labor was $7000.00 . If even 1 shock is bad the car
is considered totaled.

Last edited:

Bwana

Reaction score
It's a great looking car no doubt. I hope you find a new owner who will appreciate it!
FYI - I worked on a 92 last year with hydraulic suspension. I had the joy of telling the
owner that a set of new shocks with labor was $7000.00 . If even 1 shock is bad the car
is considered totaled.

Yep, we had a '91. Stunner road car but a maintnance nightmare. We had the auto-leveling shock drama, cheaper to buy the Dinan high performance set-up (still auto-leveling) than the BMW set up.

We threw in the towel when we had a leak on the power steering/brake/suspension/everything pump. I think it was $2800 just for the pump, forget the cost of installing it.

Nice ride though. The fastest thing I've ever driven that is that big

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well - Cost and worth are all relative.

In my 2001 E38 with ESC, I just pulled all 4 electronic shocks (and corresponding springs) out of the car and installed Bilstein shocks with H&R springs as the OE set up was shot. Buying both springs as well as shocks was still only about 1/2 the price of installing just the OE EDC shocks. And now, I have the car in a manner that makes any future maintenance much more reasonable in cost (should I still have it that long in the future).

I'd still rather keep my E38 than any change to a current BMW...
So - To each his/her own. After all - The E9 is not everyone's taste either. And... This is kind of a funny crowd to start throwing stones at someone who evidently has a soft spot for a car that might not be 'worth' the effort when it is just dollars that are being considered.

Good luck with the sale.

Just sayin.....

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In all fairness I tried to buy a e32 750i a few months ago on eBay.I would actually love to try one out for a while. I was the only bidder at 1000 bucks and the reserve was at 2000 so no sale.

mpetry912

Reaction score
Yes, wonderful car, smooth as a jet and very fast, but you'll never see a repair bill without a comma ! Super build quality but many failure points - the air deflectors behind the dash, the hydroboost pump, rear shocks, head gasket (these cars have a weak head bolt design that fails).

I enjoyed my E32 750iL V12 for a while (P-O was my dad and it was his pride and joy) but I was glad to see the tail lights go down the driveway, finally.

speedo.jpg

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

Last edited:

RogerB

Reaction score
Yes, wonderful car, smooth as a jet and very fast, but you'll never see a repair bill without a comma ! Super build quality but many failure points - the air deflectors behind the dash, the hydroboost pump, rear shocks, head gasket (these cars have a weak head bolt design that fails).

I enjoyed my E32 750iL V12 for a while (P-O was my dad and it was his pride and joy) but I was glad to see the tail lights go down the driveway, finally.

speedo.jpg

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

Kinda like my '99 e39 528it I finally let go last week. Drove like a dream when everything was working right. I invested a small fortune keeping it reliable over the ten years I owned it, but still a great ride. When I sold it, I could have put another $8K into it and had a nice $3K car. {:>) RB

mpetry912

Reaction score
I could have put another $8K into it and had a nice $3K car.

Great quote Roger ! I might have that etched on my tombstone!

As for the M70 in a coupe, discussed this with another forum member as part of brainstorming for his project. I think there have been a couple attempts at putting these M70 engines in other BMWs. I seem to remember that there was one put in a 325 E30 body back in the 90s, and at least one in a 5 series E34. But it's a formidable job with lots of challenges - fit, cooling, ECU, etc. Probably not worth the trouble considering the weight. Remember these engines have a head that is torqued with a "stretch bolt" - most have or will fail, blowing the head gasket.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Most of us could have, "Underwater on my Coupe but worth every penny" etched on our tombs. If we are really honest about it.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
750iL

Beautiful car, but it has been said that the only people who should own 12 cylinder BMWs are BMW mechanics, an opinion echoed by my independent mechanic.

But sounds well sorted.

And in beautiful Baltimore.

Go Ravens!

Bwana

Reaction score

speedo.jpg

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

So what happened to the little MPG pointer in this pic? More than 40 MPG? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: