BMW CCA?

Haseeb

Reaction score
hola amigos,
My question today is, is joining BMW CCA worth it? I took a look at the New Jersey Chapter it looks kinda... uh dead. They have a few autocross events, which I don't really know anything about but might not really be up my alley. But I want to know what you all think! Also if someone is selling one of those grille badges for a good price (or knows where I can get a cheap one), dm me cause I want one!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Joining the CCA generally entitles you a discount on parts at the dealer, the amount will vary. The Roundel is a monthly magazine, sometimes has articles on vintage BMWs. Every other week e-mail articles as well. Local chapters are a hit and miss, each is unique in what they offer.

I also joined the Classic CCA which is separate, quarterly magazine focused only on vintage BMWs. Search BMWCCCA, well worth it.

http://www.bmwccca.com/

Dohn

Reaction score
As a 33-year member of the BMW CCA, I might be a little biased, but you will meet folks who bleed the blue and white, and you'll also make connections that will help you with your car. Most chapters have monthly meetings, social events, driver's schools, autocrosses, driving tours and more. The national organization offers all the things Chris mentions, as well as an annual get-together called Oktoberfest. This year that's held in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, and the 2002 is being featured. I think the club is money well spent.

Bwana

Reaction score
Joining the CCA generally entitles you a discount on parts at the dealer, the amount will vary. The Roundel is a monthly magazine, sometimes has articles on vintage BMWs. Every other week e-mail articles as well. Local chapters are a hit and miss, each is unique in what they offer.

I also joined the Classic CCA which is separate, quarterly magazine focused only on vintage BMWs. Search BMWCCCA, well worth it.

+1 on the Vintage club, much more tuned into our older cars. I find the local BMWCCA is a lot more tuned into modern, cutting edge equipment and aftermarket adders. Also, the Roundel mag is aimed toward really new cars and a lot of racing news. If that's what you're interested in.

m_thompson

Reaction score
Great monthly magazine. Lots of local CCA events. Discounts on parts, even when the dealer doing the service. Two $500 rebates when buying cars. Won a 3-series in the BMW CCA Oktoberfest raffle. I would say that it is worth joining.

Haseeb

Reaction score

That classic club looks pretty great actually! The only problem is that since I so far out in NJ I would not be able to go to any of the events really :(

Haseeb

Reaction score
Great monthly magazine. Lots of local CCA events. Discounts on parts, even when the dealer doing the service. Two $500 rebates when buying cars. Won a 3-series in the BMW CCA Oktoberfest raffle. I would say that it is worth joining.
You won a whole car?! o_O *signs up*

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I continue to get the Sacramento (Central Valley) chapter emails with their events so I can be reminded why I'm not a member.

Dohn

Reaction score

Yeah, I left off the car raffle. This year's grand prize is an M5 Competition, first prize is an M2 Comp, main prizes are X2s. One car is given away for every 5000 $25 tickets sold.

They also changed the member refund program. You can get up to $1500 off a new or certified pre-owned BMW, and if you buy a three-year membership you are eligible immediately. Check bmwcca.org for this and other member discounts. Gad, I sound like a commercial. Do not attempt. Professional drivers on a closed course. Your mileage may vary...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes but not in California!
TheBMW CCA and I parted many years ago when it became obvious to me at least, they were not interested in the cars that saved their corporate life or the people that drove, preserved and loved them. The Ultimate Driving Machine became The Ultimate Status Symbol. So I joined the Classic CC.

BMW driver's schools filled with numbnuts in M5s and M3s who aimed their machines into the curves and let the car do the driving. I moved to the SCDA and could not have been happier.

Haseeb

Reaction score
Yeah, I left off the car raffle. This year's grand prize is an M5 Competition, first prize is an M2 Comp, main prizes are X2s. One car is given away for every 5000 $25 tickets sold.

They also changed the member refund program. You can get up to $1500 off a new or certified pre-owned BMW, and if you buy a three-year membership you are eligible immediately. Check bmwcca.org for this and other member discounts. Gad, I sound like a commercial. Do not attempt. Professional drivers on a closed course. Your mileage may vary...
LOL don't worry that gave me a good chuckle :D:D Thank you!

Haseeb

Reaction score
TheBMW CCA and I parted many years ago when it became obvious to me at least, they were not interested in the cars that saved their corporate life or the people that drove, preserved and loved them. The Ultimate Driving Machine became The Ultimate Status Symbol. So I joined the Classic CC.

BMW driver's schools filled with numbnuts in M5s and M3s who aimed their machines into the curves and let the car do the driving. I moved to the SCDA and could not have been happier.
Buck's County is just an hour away from me in NJ! Also by Classic CC do you mean the one HBChris was referring to? Or is there something closer to our area for classics? SCDA does look like fun too :)

m_thompson

Reaction score

Yes, I won one of the cars in the '92 BMW CCA raffle and special ordered a '93 325iS. You get a 1099G from the BMW CCA so the value of the car in the raffle is considered income. By the time I paid Federal and State income tax, sales tax, and excise tax, the tax total was more than 45%. Trading in my '87 325iS covered the sales tax. Getting a brand new 325iS for about $10,000 was a great deal.

If I win this year, I will take an M2 and cash instead of the M5. ;-)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have been a BMW CCA member for 29 years. During that time my involvement has fluctuated over the years. Currently the President of the Pine Tree Chapter which covers all of Maine. As with any club your interaction, participation and enthusiasm will make your experience more enjoyable. Seems most people join the BMW CCA for the new car rebate, get the Roundel which they don't read, never do anything events, then leave because they get nothing out of i. These people are not enthusiasts like us and view BMWs as a status symbol or appliance.

The BMW Classic CCA, as HBChris & Bwana have stated focuses to the older BMWs. A good numbers the Classic CCA are also BMW CCA members too. It's a fun group, again, the more you are involved the more enjoyment you'll have. I'm a regular contributor to the club magazine "The Ultimate Classic" as I travel to BMW shows all over the US in either Athena, my '73 3.0CSi, Vern, my '73 2002Tii or Rodney, my '88 M5.

If you are on Facebook there are several E9 groups and local, regional BMW enthusiast groups not affiliated with any of the organized clubs, yet many members of these groups are members of the above clubs. Many times the FB groups, depending on the region, will have gatherings, drives and one group has an annual weekend driving trip in late September. I'm involved with or a member of 10-12 BMW groups and manage 3 group pages.

It's all about hanging out with people who share your enthusiasm and love for BMWs. I said years ago "If it weren't for the BMW CCA, I'd have no friends." All but 3-4 of my are through BMW clubs.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
That classic club looks pretty great actually! The only problem is that since I so far out in NJ I would not be able to go to any of the events really :(
Piscataway? Far out in NJ? Then Stockton really is the boonies....

Haseeb

Reaction score
Piscataway? Far out in NJ? Then Stockton really is the boonies....
Lmaooo :D but honestly most of these events are minimum 2 hours away and often more /: I doubt my car would make it that far in it's current state...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lmaooo :D but honestly most of these events are minimum 2 hours away and often more /: I doubt my car would make it that far in it's current state...
Haseeb, I meant the Vintage CCA. Everything the guys said about it above and more. There is a show every summer in New Hope. This summer it is Sunday, Aug. 15. I will be there with my coupe along with a couple of coupes and 2002s, I hope.

If you can, motor down and we can do a meet and greet. There may still be some openings for registration, but this year it is one day vs. two in the past.

Hope you can make it, or for one of our local Sunday morning drives around Bucks and Hunterdon counties.

Steve [email protected] 215.620.7687