BMW 3,6 csiM turbo (1974)

AndyP

Reaction score
Well done! I kind of like the Boxter style exhaust pipe location. I would have stuck with Alpinas and you wouldn't be able to tell that there's a beast under the hood.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Rear-mount turbo? Ew. Plus, he could have eliminated to stock intake manifold, since the variable intake won't do anything anymore, tilted the engine so it was vertical, then he'd have plenty of room to work with.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
x_atlas0 said:
Rear-mount turbo? Ew. Plus, he could have eliminated to stock intake manifold, since the variable intake won't do anything anymore, tilted the engine so it was vertical, then he'd have plenty of room to work with.

Sure he coulda done it different, but we've seen what the bits for going dry sump with a vertical engine can cost.

Rear-mounted turbo is not uncommon and while not "period correct" I doubt if the owner of this car cares one iota about that, probably doesn't even look in the rear view mirror alot 8)

Honolulu

Reaction score
hmmmm

the third picture in the series seems to show the slots on the right front (?) rotor are "backwards". I though they needed/ought to pass hot air more or less radially outward.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Pimp mobile wheels

IMHO really detract from its otherwise good appearance--but know the winters are long in Norway. (;>)

chamonix

Reaction score
Pictures from the Norwegian National 02/Classic meeting this year.
I was impressed by the work done to this car.

278510cd79bd60ed11c8aa6a28a794a2.jpg

59bab37ea076f761ce22d240d3452aae.jpg

f0c3289483aa7104757477b1f315df04.jpg

60cabe7a25a77c09c3b15b4eaf8ce352.jpg

de coupe

Reaction score
Why did he stop with 18inch

Why molest a coupe if you do have the money there are much more worth while projects to get into 18inch rims though why stop there. Well there is an old saying if you dont have anything nice to say... and so on

I do like the mirrors though and the body seems to be in good shape at least till he turns the corner or hits a pot hole The fuel cell is tiddy between the rear wheel wells Thanks for posting great to see what people are doing and for the younger generation may give some insight and would help them see what can be done

With the price, availability, of items and the dollar being what it is and not to mention the rarity of the coupe Just would hope that they would catch a pasion for just as we have...

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
The sill covers look wrong to me but otherwise this is a pretty awesome car!

DustyM

Reaction score
30csl said:
The sill covers look wrong to me but otherwise this is a pretty awesome car!

I'm glad to see a picture of a Fjord blue car with body colour sills as it's something I was considering I might do when I repaint my car. Having now seen one I'll stick to the original Black!

Looks much better (not my car unfortunately!)
716e7fa0792ff9ca209d4f1f53e82aca.jpg

Cheers
Jon

jrcalvin

Reaction score
Jon, is your e9 low enough? I love the stance of your e9 with it not only being lowered but having a very nice nose down rake as well. Most e9s have the front end too high and the rake all wrong...IMHO. A very sweet looking e9 you have!