• 3.0si 7.jpg
    3.0si 7.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 3.0si.jpg
    3.0si.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 204

Beemer70

Reaction score
Have engine bay also - which seems pretty clean - but can't seem to post the pics her..

Attachments

• 3.0 si 10.jpg
    3.0 si 10.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 3.0 si 11.jpg
    3.0 si 11.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 3.0 si 12.jpg
    3.0 si 12.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 202

jefftepper

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, the 3.0SI was the top of the line in 1973 and came equipped with leather upholstery, power windows, and air conditioning as standard equipment. The photos provided depict vinyl seats and roll up windows. Does anyone know differently?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's nice, very nice indeed. Theres a bit going on with the left side door.
Personally, I think the price is a little high, even for the shape it's in. If my math is right, that's about $17,500 US.

corvair kid

Reaction score
Also, when did the 3.0si become available in the UK?
3.0Si was introduced in other markets in 1971, US in 1975. As noted above re: equipment, the leather, A/C, power accessories, etc. were only standard in the US market, and not terribly commonly seen in Europe (other than on the 3.3Li). The vinyl in this car strikes me as pretty unusual for the UK, where cloth is more common.

The discrepancy in model availability between the US and the rest of the world speaks to BMW's market position here, which was not as strong in the early '70s as it would become later, the uncertainty at the time around then-new emissions standards, and most of all, tension with US importer Max Hoffman, who BMW was trying to rid themselves of. Funny how, as soon as BMW NA took over in 1975, we got the 3.0Si (1971 elsewhere) and 5-series (1972) and Hoffman's creation, the Bavaria, went away.

Back to the car at hand, if the price calculations done by duct-tape are correct, that's a lot of money for a car with noticeable rust and body filler...but very few RHD cars survive....

Simufly

Reaction score
Considering I sold my restored 77Si with genuine Alpinas, aircon,leccy windows, leccy sunroof, washwipe, Lia fogs and new interior for less than £8000, (ok it was 2010) it seems rather expensive.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Being that you would have to import that to HK on top of asking price, that is a little pricey. Because of the body work that it looks like is pretty extensive. Did you bid on it?

Beemer70

Reaction score
Yes I bought it - my friend thought it looked pretty solid overall - Am sure it will need a lot of work done though, will strip it down & sort out any problems - then paint dark blue.
I missed out on it when it was going for cheaper price & it was expensive for the condition but how often do you ever see a RHD 3.0 Si up for grabs?
Once in a blue moon..

Beemer70

Reaction score
However - looking at the better higher resolution pics now - it looks like a lot of filler in there... argghh ..too late now.. we shall see

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
that's a competitive auction, 84 bids from 8 bidders. The last 3.0si I saw on ebay and BaT recently ended around $5000.
However - looking at the better higher resolution pics now - it looks like a lot of filler in there... argghh ..too late now.. we shall see

Not being original paint make decision making easier. clean up that side and a respray, not too bad. You'll have a great car.