Blinker Problem

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
My blinkers are not working; however the bulbs work. I did have to remove my hazard switch while I await a replacement because it broke and keep popping out; however the blinkers worked after removing the switch. Could these be connected? I've searched the forum and see some troubleshooting tips, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas other than as set forth in prior threads.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Bennett, The blinker switch, on the left hand side (1974) can be taken apart but it is a real pain. You could remove it and use a paper-clip to test the switch to be sure you have juice up to it and that the switch is indeed the problem. If so, you can try to find another one, way pricy, or dissect the original which will mean drilling out the stamped rivets and cleaning/bending the contacts. If you do this make sure it works before permanently gluing it back together- you really only have one shot at it :)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is a miracle as the blinkers are working without a path to the battery. The only explanation is two of the wires of the absent switch are touching each other. Otherwise I hear the new Pope is pretty open minded so you could pursue canonization of your car.

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
I replaced the hazard switch with a new one (with the resistor) and all is working. Well, almost all. The AC and blower motor stopped working. I'll check all fuses later today.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wires to the blower are right behind the hazard switch, might have gotten knocked loose but are hard to reach with side panel in place.