Blaupunkt Berlin swans neck

mr bump

Reaction score
I'm after some advice. I have a fully working vgc complete good condition blaupunkt Berlin 8000 swans neck cassette player stereo and amp set up, I removed it from my old daily driver which was a 560 sec over 8 yrs ago so I know it's in perfect working order.
My question is what is it worth?
I know their extremely rare and sought after. Any advice and guidence would be helpful. pics are library pics as it's packed away.
20181001_221423.jpg
20181001_221451.jpg

m_thompson

Reaction score
They show up on eBay regularly. An IQR 8000, including the equalizer, sold a little while ago for less than $335.

mr bump

Reaction score
They show up on eBay regularly. An IQR 8000, including the equalizer, sold a little while ago for less than $335.
I'm sure i spoke to the chap about that one, and he had lost all the swans neck leads and amp wiring to it, plus he said the head disnt work, that's why I left it alone. Was a chap in Dallas Texas?

mr bump

Reaction score
Looks like an early 80s job. Must have been very cool in your W126 coupe. These are very cool in a retro tuner car way. Did you happen to have color matched Pentas and other AMG cues? I had one in my Porsche 930. Earlier version with a micro phone so you can record. 400USD would be my guess. Comp:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...0-berlin8000-super-arimat/955072093-223-18882
I'm hanging my nose over a set of pentes for my E9, but until i see a pic of an e9 with them on, I won't buy them at £500. it will be an expensive "naa dont like them"

mr bump

Reaction score
Looks like an early 80s job. Must have been very cool in your W126 coupe. These are very cool in a retro tuner car way. Did you happen to have color matched Pentas and other AMG cues? I had one in my Porsche 930. Earlier version with a micro phone so you can record. 400USD would be my guess. Comp:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...0-berlin8000-super-arimat/955072093-223-18882
My sec was an exact copy of Dalton in roadhouse which at the time was my favourite film. That 126 was a total beauty! When my mum first got in the car and the electronic seatbelt anchor came out she nearly shit herself with fright! She thought it was a gun!!

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now, that is cool! That is the first generation Berlin with the spring loaded cassette mechanism. They came out in 1975 I believe. Your car looks to be 74 or newer. Probably doesn't work...who cares. I would drive that car through a Buffalo winter before I took that out.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
P.S. That is an M1 style shift knob. I don't think they were around too much earlier than the M1 as e12s or Luxury e3s didn't have them but interesting....what other "stuff" has been added to your car?

ratso70

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is a ‘75 that was originally bought in Italy but now resides in Brooklyn. It had a funky alarm system and kill switch but I took all of that out and the near of wires that went with it. Nothing else stands out. It’s very cool though as it’s power everything, windows/roof/driver mirror.