Black/black 74 Csi in Va

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Car looks like it is down in the tidewater Va Beach area.

You could speak with Mike Robinson at Sports and Imports in Chesapeake for a PPI.

Can they send you pics of the car stripped of paint and the repairs they did from back in 2000?

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it ain't a '74. the VIN would start with a 4 if it was made after 12/72 (according to e9-driven) it would be one of the last 1000 of the run of 6506 csi made. of course e9-driven could be off ... since it doesn't show any LHD csi made between 12/72 + 1/74 ... only RHD. at any rate, its probably a 73.

'74's started with 434xxxx as of 1 / 74.

RogerB

Reaction score
A lot of Euros were titled by the year they were sold. 73s sold in 74 were titled as 74s. Same with 74s being titled as 75s. Some sat at the dealer for quite a while causing them to be titled in a year different from their year of manufacture. I once owned a Euro "75" csi with a NC title and a 43204XX VIN .

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A US VIN coupe will match the EPA decal regardless of when sold. But as Roger points out, it ain't so for a euro import.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Euro CSis began with 434 in late 73, you have to look at the CY numbers which get combined so hard to figure out.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
'74's started with 434xxxx as of 1 / 74.'

wrong - my 74 vin is 4335382

as i stated, perhaps the info on e-9 driven is wrong. the above data came from the registry about a CSi ... not from my experience. Alan, is your car a 74 CSi? according to e9 driven, it would be a usa CSA. and Roger according to e9-driven, yours would have been a euro CSA, not a CSi. so is e9-driven correct or wrong?

RogerB

Reaction score
it ain't a '74. the VIN would start with a 4 if it was made after 12/72 (according to e9-driven) it would be one of the last 1000 of the run of 6506 csi made. of course e9-driven could be off ... since it doesn't show any LHD csi made between 12/72 + 1/74 ... only RHD. at any rate, its probably a 73.

'74's started with 434xxxx as of 1 / 74.

as i stated, perhaps the info on e-9 driven is wrong. the above data came from the registry about a CSi ... not from my experience. Alan, is your car a 74 CSi? according to e9 driven, it would be a usa CSA. and Roger according to e9-driven, yours would have been a euro CSA, not a CSi. so is e9-driven correct or wrong?

Scott:

My "75" was a CSA now that you mention it. So many coupes, so many years! {:>) However, the titling info I mentioned would be the same. I do remember it had the telescoping steering wheel and electric driver's side rear view mirror and was VERY rusty. I still have the GA title that I transferred from the NC title. I believe it was one of the five coupes, six 2002s, and a ton of parts I sold Bobby Thrash in a package deal. I found the title years later. I used the proceeds of the sale to scale down to my one CSL. RB