Big dollar CSi on ebay

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
My CSI is definitely going to get a B35;)
But then again I don't own it as an investment.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This raises an interesting question for me on CS vs CSi values. Been tracking RHD E9 sales in Australia for the last year or so and it seems there has been significant upward movement in prices realised for good quality CS's to the point they now seem to rival CSi's and in some cases actually surpass.
Realise our cars (RHD) are a little different to US models in terms of compression ratios and production numbers. My thinking is demand here remains high and supply of quality cars is falling as less unrestored models become available and restored ones remain in loving homes?
now your comment raised two question for me!
How much lower would you pay for a Left hand drive?
And, what do you have to pay as duties or have to go through to import a car into Australia?

mr bump

Reaction score
The big bumpers were for the US only. I parked my US '74 coupe next to a Euro '74 coupe at the BMW CCA Oktoberfest concours, and he had the chrome bumpers everyone prefers. There are other details unique to the US '74 model, as well, which makes finding certain replacement parts a bit of a challenge. But that's part of the fun, right? If I wanted easy I'd buy a '65 Mustang or '57 Chevy; something you can build entirely from aftermarket parts...
Like ya style mate:D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I rarely hear any CSi owner these days change their engines to another none original engines. May be it was done more often 10 or 20 years ago for the csi owners . But I doubt that a CSI owner today would do such a thing. So in my opinion as times goes by we would probabaly see more pure CSIs than CSs, and that in my opinion should widen the values of the CSI as time goes by I would imagine.
at some point the D-jet on CSi's (that are driven more frequently) are going to be difficult to keep running well. There are fewer people around that know how to keep them tuned and parts will become more scarce and CSiL owners will gladly pay more to keep their cars original. sure, this is a little gloom + doom, but its pretty simple that the motronic injection in the b35 or megasquirt are much more flexible and understood systems. the important thing to remember is, the D-jet and L-jet is not that friendly to engine upgrades such as more aggressive cams ... so its better to leave them 'as-is'.