Best Car Cover For E9

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Car covers in a dehumidified garage can be an issue so I have read. If you garage is like mine, with slab concrete that sweats the moisture from below, in theory the sweat can evaporate and sit on the underside of the car because of the cover doesn't allow it to escape. Not sure I buy it but I run a dehumidifier anyway.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The cover should be breathable so as to not allow moisture build up. A worse issue is when a drastic temp change from cold to warm in a non climate controlled garage like mine (happens often here in winter months) causes condensation on the car everywhere - I drive it for a while to get rid of it.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since I just put my coupe away for the coming winter, I thought I could share a couple of pics of the universal indoor car cover I use, that I mentioned earlier. Nothing fancy but it does its job in my garage.

IMG_20190921_130514.jpg IMG_20190921_130906.jpg IMG_20190921_131825.jpg IMG_20190927_063916.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since I just put my coupe away for the coming winter, I thought I could share a couple of pics of the universal indoor car cover I use, that I mentioned earlier. Nothing fancy but it does its job in my garage.

Fits better than my "custom" cover.

Manthri Srinath

Reaction score
That red cover is really nice. I don’t think I could buy one, though. I’d be constantly worried the underlying vehicle would disappoint onlookers when it came off :)

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
I'm enjoying my 33rd year owning my 3.0 CS coupe (fully restored in 2001). The car cover I bought when I first purchased the car is dry-rotting. Can anyone recommend a good car cover WITH side mirror pockets? I can find them without the mirror pockets but years of adjusting both side mirrors when taking off the current cover has gotten very old. The car is garaged so it doesn't need to be industrial strength, just something to keep dust off.

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm enjoying my 33rd year owning my 3.0 CS coupe (fully restored in 2001). The car cover I bought when I first purchased the car is dry-rotting. Can anyone recommend a good car cover WITH side mirror pockets? I can find them without the mirror pockets but years of adjusting both side mirrors when taking off the current cover has gotten very old. The car is garaged so it doesn't need to be industrial strength, just something to keep dust off.
I would check with Griots Garage. They make well made interior soft covers.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score

Contact @Dan Mooney he can get you a really nice cover in the color you want.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about fitted covers, as they are a pain to put on and off by yourself so I love the cotton flannel Auto Chic covers. I have 2 and they are super easy on and off and extremely soft on the paint work.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi all, hope the New Year is off to a great start for everyone!

Still very happy to pass on my wholesale cost on the fitted stretchy satin covers I buy from The Cover Company in Barcelona. If you go with one of the standard 'library' colors, they are typically $255/285 delivered in the US. If you choose a custom Pantone color match, they cost a little more. The tops are very high quality and fit very well. I use them on my personal cars and all of my restoration customers get one. We can make them with or without mirror pockets. As small as the E9 mirrors are, I usually advise people to delete the mirror pockets. We can also customize the covers with names, model details, manufacturer's logo, etc.

Only downside is they take a few weeks to make/deliver.

Cheers all!

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the answer is highly contingent on your needs. I wouldn’t chose “Dan’s cover for 12 hours a day in the sun and rain, but it is the hands down nicest garage cover that Inhabe seen.

I had a generic outdoor cover which worked well in the rain for 9 months, and like all outdoor covers that I have ever owned, it started to disintegrate around that time. I now have a cover king now, which looks like a damn lunar lander in my garage and fits like a bad suit.

Completely agree on selection of cover based on how it is to be used. I have a California Cover. Good cover, great fit but it really isn’t ultimately we’ll suited to my needs. My car is garaged and the cover is only used when on road trips.

The California cover is bulky, collects dust and is useless in even light rain...absorbs water like a sponge and takes forever to dry.

I have Nextec covers for two of my other cars. The Nextec covers are light weight, do not collect dust and are water resistant. Would never use it in the rain, but when the car is outside on a damp night? Works well. And it dries very quickly. Good UV protection and will not scratch.

Again,lightweight an compact when bagged is a huge plus for me.

For a car that is generally garaged? My cover choice.

Get them through Covercraft.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alan, welcome to the forum ... what part of ATL are you in ... and what color is your coupe. i live in Dunwoody. i highly recommend the cover from Dan ... excellent product. i also have an indoor california cover if you want to check the fit of either

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Alan, welcome to the forum ... what part of ATL are you in ... and what color is your coupe. i live in Dunwoody. i highly recommend the cover from Dan ... excellent product. i also have an indoor california cover if you want to check the fit of either

Hi Scott, I'm in Druid Hills and the coupe is Polaris Silver with blue leather. I also have a 1961 Porsche 356 Cabriolet in black/tan and am the original owner of a 1996 Porsche 996, also black and tan, with 38,000 miles.

For some reason I stopped getting updates from the forum on replies the day after the post went up and just decided to check in and see what, if anything, had happened. So I'll start going through the other replies now.